shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess cut Budget Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

topps9898

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

This is my first post and I just want to say how awesome I think this site is. The information I found here is priceless. I''ve been researching princess cut diamonds for a little bit over 3 months now and I am figuring to make a purchase by the end of feb. My budget is 10K and I want to know if what I am looking for is in my price range. I have done several searches and I see diamonds priced from 9k-19k for what I am looking for. What I need help determing is what specs are most important when considering a princess cut. Im trying to get the biggest white diamond I can get with no visible eye inclusions. From what I understand is that an H color diamond can still appear to be white? and that SI1 should be eye clean. Below are the specs I am looking for: Can anyone tell me if I can find what I am looking for in my price range. When I do a search I end up more confused. Thanks.

Ct: 1.85-2.0
Color: F-G
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Very Good

Once again I am not a diamond collector so a D color VVS1 diamond to me is no different to a G color SI1 diamond if I cant really notice it with my eyes. Im looking to get my girl a big stone that still looks very nice. PLEASE HELP!!! lol thanks guys and good luck in your own ventures.
35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hi topps!
35.gif
welcome to ps. first of all, have you looked at any princess cuts in person to get an idea of what you like? it may be easier to pick out a stone if you go to the jewelry store and try to determine what you like and don''t like. also, you may be able to notice the variations in cut and the effect it has on the stone.

topps9898

Rough_Rock
I have looked in person and the funny thing is I couldnt really tell the difference between a 1.85 and 2.0ct stone and some H color stones look yellow where some I''s look really white. Im looking for a G or better and Im also wondering what setting would enhance the visual size of the setting. Im probably leaning towards a solitare pltinum setting. Thanks and any added info is much appreciated.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I think that the thinner the band, the larger the stone looks. Others think the opposite.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
this would make the center stone stand out...........

michaelbprince.JPG

topps9898

Rough_Rock
any advice from the nite posters? thanks

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hello:

1) You may get more of a response if you choose maybe two or three stones and give the specs on those stones here.

2) From what I have been able to gather with princess cuts they are no specific "ideal" standards. In a lot of cases you have to see the stones to determine whether it''s for you or not.

3) Did you search "princess" here in PS? Especially within the Rocky Talk forum. A lot of folks have asked about good specs. For princesses.

Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results