shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut assitance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ace

Rough_Rock
I am interested in a princess shape diamond and would like assiatance from PS. I would like a 2 carat stone and am looking to spend about $12-13k. I would like the best strategy for me to get the best looking stone. All I would like is an eye clean stone that looks great(sparkle). In a platinum solitaire setting.

Thank you in advance.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ace, in order to help you a bit more info is needed. Do you know what colour and clarity you want? This can make a huge difference in price. An eyeclean stone might be found in an SI2 clarity which would save money if there is a good one available. There is the search tool at the top of the page which will throw up some if available too. In order to have a sparkly diamond you need to make cut your first priority.

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=6741664 this is an example through a quick search, I am not an expert on cut quality with the Princess, however WF only sells well cut diamonds.

and this http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/diamond_Details.aspx?itemcode=8023420
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=432231 - this also from James Allen.

The best strategy is to search, research and compare. Talk to the vendors, tell them exactly what you want and allow them to help you. Be open to suggestions from them. Get out and view as many Princess cuts as you can if possible to see what appeals to your eye. Buying a diamond can take a while, don't be in too much of a rush, you want to choose carefully and know your options. Hope this helps.

ace

Rough_Rock
I was thinking H color. I want an eye clean stone. How can I tell if a stone is eye clean? And what do I look for as for a great cut?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
H colour is a good choice it will face up very white. Eyeclean is very subjective. Apparently the trade's definition are no inclusions visible in normal light from about 10 inches away face up. Many consumer's idea of eyeclean are no visible inclusions when the diamond is held up close to the eye from any angle. These two opinions are at variance obviously, so make sure your vendor knows exactly what you mean by eyeclean, that you don't want to see anything with close viewing with the naked eye? Some S12's might fit the bill, vendors will be honest with you, however a slightly higher clarity might be better for you. The best advice I can give you regarding what makes a good Princess cut is to read the tutorials in the knowledge section, there is a lot to learn on this subject. However if you were to buy one of the new AGS certified Princess cuts you should receive a great performing diamond. Hopefully this will get you started until you get some more experienced replies.

http://www.goodoldgold.com/princess_cut_tutorial.htm This is a very useful tutorial here which should help you. Also in the FAQ section there is a great thread regarding opinions of eyeclean.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/21/2005 6:21:12 AM
Author: Lorelei

However if you were to buy one of the new AGS certified Princess cuts you should receive a great performing diamond.

... if you can find one
7.gif
Pricescope is surely not the end of all things diamond, but these AGS0 princess cuts seem to be few and far between overall.

There are a couple next to that tutorial at Good Old Gold, inlcuding THIS
10.gif

pic1.jpg

and you may find a few more listed at Infinity Diamonds.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes Ana I understand they are as rare as hen''s teeth right now
8.gif
I looked on Jon''s site and missed that one - good find Ana
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results