shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mr.g

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''ve been lurking for some time now, learning as much as I can from you all. I''ve been so impressed by the depth of knowledge and friendliness of the community here.

I''m looking to purchase an e-ring. Ideally, I''m looking for an H/SI1/2+ct/ideal cut rock. I found this one on WhiteFlash and would like to get the opinions of those who have one.
1.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2265075.htm

The ideal-scope looks good, but it''s not perfect (I still see some white streaks). Is this normal with an AGS 0? I also know many of you have your opinions on the AGS 0 grading. My only concern there is loss of value, if some time down the road, the consensus becomes that AGS was wrong in stepping out of the box. Also, I wonder if AGS 0 is worth the extra price...after all, there are still the traditional GIA diamonds out there that may be just as good for thousands less.

Also, have any of you had experience buying from WhiteFlash when the desired item is not in inventory? Should I always demand an idealscope view?

Looking forward to hearing from many of you!!
1.gif

mr.g

Rough_Rock
Also, take a look at this other Princess, whose cut appears to be much better.

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2361969.htm#

How do you all think the fire of the second will compare to the first, judging by the size difference and idealscope images?

Thanks!!
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 3:45:11 PM
Author:mr.g
Hi all,

I''ve been lurking for some time now, learning as much as I can from you all. I''ve been so impressed by the depth of knowledge and friendliness of the community here.
thanks mr g. we''re glad you''re here!

I''m looking to purchase an e-ring. Ideally, I''m looking for an H/SI1/2+ct/ideal cut rock. I found this one on WhiteFlash and would like to get the opinions of those who have one.
1.gif

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2265075.htm
wow! nice size!
3.gif

i would be hesitant about the extremely thin part of the girdle on that one though.

The ideal-scope looks good, but it''s not perfect (I still see some white streaks). Is this normal with an AGS 0?
this stone isn''t technically an ags0. it''s a nice ags graded stone with a diamond quality report(dqr) instead of the diamond quality document(dqd) which has the ''ideal'' grading for light performance.

Also, I wonder if AGS 0 is worth the extra price...after all, there are still the traditional GIA diamonds out there that may be just as good for thousands less.
in my opinion, it is worth the extra price. yes, you might be able to find a gia graded princess that looks good but it would be few and far between. traditionally princess stones have been cut for weight at the expense of beauty. that process is still rewarded by labs that don''t grade cut quality.

Also, have any of you had experience buying from WhiteFlash when the desired item is not in inventory? Should I always demand an idealscope view?
one of the benefits of working with wf, is that they will not sell any stone without having an idealscope image. if you find something that is not in inventory, they will bring it in and take the IS image, 40x pics and run a sarin on it. you will have just as much information on it, as the stones that are already in stock.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2006 3:56:21 PM
Author: mr.g
Also, take a look at this other Princess, whose cut appears to be much better.

http://www.whiteflash.com/princess/Princess-cut-diamond-2361969.htm#

How do you all think the fire of the second will compare to the first, judging by the size difference and idealscope images?

Thanks!!
1.gif
oh i like this one much better!
much much!
18.gif

a true ags0.
2.gif

very very nice!
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i think once you hit the magic 1.5ct weight,it goes up to next higher price per ct range.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results