shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Brilliance?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bigbbd

Rough_Rock
To anyone with thoughts on the brilliance of a princess cut related to the angle of the crown and height:

Princess-GIA
.71Ct
5.04x4.99x3.58
D-71.9%
T-69.9%
Crown-9.1%, 37.1 angle
Pavilion-61.4%, 58.5 angle

no culet,
no fluorescence
ex/ex polish/symmetry

1A-aga measuredI want to buy this ring but i will not be able to look at it until i purchase it. I will though have a week or two to decide whether to keep it. I know the numbers are there but what does anyone think about the potential brilliance?

bigbbd

Rough_Rock
oh yea

color-E
clarity-VS1
thin-med girdle

researcher

Ideal_Rock
My guess is this stone will have a nice balance of brilliance and fire--if there's not a lot of light leakage. With numbers in the high 60's and low 70's, you really are looking at a great cut for the combination of both (although a slightly higher crown will give you more fire). I personally like the table to be a bit smaller in relation to the depth and for the crown to at least be 10%, but you're definitely on the right track. Can you get ideal scope images so we can see the light leakage? Until you see the stone for yourself you won't really know about the brilliance etc., but I'd call this baby in!

bigbbd

Rough_Rock
could somebody with diamondcalc help me out and throw these numbers in there? just to see what it could look like, i dont know if it would help.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 6/28/2004 12:28:17 AM bigbbd wrote:

just to see what it could look like, i dont know if it would help.

----------------

Well... with these numbers in you will not see what the stone looks like. Reportinng measurements like this is not very informative about a princess cut, because the model does not have (theoretically) constant angles all the way as a round stone should be design. And this is why there is no HCA for princess cuts
2.gif

Actually, this is the case for all non-round fancy shapes and this is why judging those numbers is not as accurate as for rounds.

You may find a detailed explanation of why those angles do not say much about a princess cut on Jonathan's site (LINK) - but it is just one more argument to have a direct test of brilliance done with the stone at hand. It would make a big difference to have it, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results