shape
carat
color
clarity

Prince William and Kate Middleton are engaged!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes Princess, I am really excited about the ring!

I think a ruby.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I personally hope she gets a sapphire. Hasn't there been an upward trend in diamonds with royalty? Or did I dream that?

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
I think is going to be a 3 oval stones, with a ruby in the middle and diamonds in the sides. :twirl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
gaby06|1289920266|2768263 said:
I think is going to be a 3 oval stones, with a ruby in the middle and diamonds in the sides. :twirl:

That would be lovely. Rubies shout royalty to me!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read this this morning, very exciting!! I still remember the excitement over Diana and Charles's wedding, I was 20 and remember watching it on tv at the college bookstore where I worked, I was 20 and just loved Diana and the fairy tale feel of her wedding. Sigh, I'm getting nostalgic now and suddenly feel very old! I can't wait to see the ring, I read the couple is giving a press conference later on today and she'll be showing off her ring.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
dragonfly411|1289919821|2768253 said:
I personally hope she gets a sapphire. Hasn't there been an upward trend in diamonds with royalty? Or did I dream that?
DF I think you are right. Sophie, Prince Edwards wife, has diamonds. A RB centre with pears or trillions either side, iirc.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I can't wait for that!! I am so excited! Gonna be glued to the tv all afternoon now!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Me too. Sky news was speculating on the size of the ring :lol:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted everyone to know that I read every posting in this thread and I that I think you are all being extremely silly! For reasons that will remain beyond me (unless I want to psychoanalyze myself), despite my left-wing politics I have always been fascinated with the English Royal Family and used to know a lot about royal weddings. (When I got rid of a lot of my books, I got rid of one on the English royal brides. I don't think they even went up as far as Lady Diana Spencer, but had great descriptions of the weddings of the Princess Elizabeth; Princess Margaret; Princess Anne; and Princess Alexandra of Kent among others.) I am hoping for some substance in this thread, ladies! Try to get the giddiness out of your systems and start reading so that you can report back with all the wedding information that we all absolutely must have!

I promise I will do research for this thread, too.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1289922119|2768301 said:
Ooooh I can't wait for that!! I am so excited! Gonna be glued to the tv all afternoon now!

Oh dear, maybe you should check maisie! I'm not 100% sure if it's today, but I did read something about her showing off her ring!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1289922387|2768311 said:
I just wanted everyone to know that I read every posting in this thread and I that I think you are all being extremely silly! For reasons that will remain beyond me (unless I want to psychoanalyze myself), despite my left-wing politics I have always been fascinated with the English Royal Family and used to know a lot about royal weddings. (When I got rid of a lot of my books, I got rid of one on the English royal brides. I don't think they even went up as far as Lady Diana Spencer, but had great descriptions of the weddings of the Princess Elizabeth; Princess Margaret; Princess Anne; and Princess Alexandra of Kent among others.) I am hoping for some substance in this thread, ladies! Try to get the giddiness out of your systems and start reading so that you can report back with all the wedding information that we all absolutely must have!

I promise I will do research for this thread, too.

Deb/AGBF

Sorry Debs. :saint:

Here is a fact for you. I am not getting an invite. ;))

Glitz

Shiny_Rock
I found an article saying "it has not been officially unveiled" about the ring, also there are no official details of the proposal. I'm sooo looking forward to the ring and the proposal story. I also found this which I thought was pretty neat though; Royal wedding ring 'to be made from Welsh gold' http://bit.ly/dsXTty

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I shall try to rein in my inner giddiness :bigsmile:

I have questions. Will she be a princess? Who will design her dress? Will she use an up and coming designer or someone who is well established. Obviously it will be a British designer.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie|1289922843|2768322 said:
I shall try to rein in my inner giddiness :bigsmile:

I have questions. Will she be a princess? Who will design her dress? Will she use an up and coming designer or someone who is well established. Obviously it will be a British designer.

Sky said she will be known as Catherine, Princess of Wales, unless the Queen bestows a new title on William. That is unlikely given that he is 2nd in line to the throne.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
As for designers, it is assumed it will be British. What remains to be seen is whether or not it will be a new or an established designer. Also a friend of William and a fashion journalist thought she would do :classic with a twist!"

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That sounds lovely. I like the idea of calling her Catherine.

I think the photo call is going to be very soon!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't believe how excited I am to see the ring! I know that I love all things bling but this is crazy!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
susimoo|1289922974|2768328 said:
Sky said she will be known as Catherine, Princess of Wales, unless the Queen bestows a new title on William. That is unlikely given that he is 2nd in line to the throne.

I have heard or read nothing about her title, but I believe that that is incorrect. Using a woman's first name before a title like that is generally a sign that she is divorced. The usual protocol would call for her title to be the Princess William of Wales. It is customary, however, for royals to receive other titles upon their marriages if titles are available. William might have been made a royal duke on his wedding day had a title been available. Prince Andrew has already been made Duke of York, however. I don't know if another title is available.

Deb/AGBF

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1289923316|2768344 said:

I have heard or read nothing about her title, but i belive that that is incorrect. Using a woman's first name like that is generally a sign that she is divorced. The usual protocol would call for her title to be the Princess William of Wales. It is customary, however, for royals to receive other titles upon their marriages if titles are available. William might have been made a royal duke had a title been available. Prince Andrew has already been made Duke of York, however. I don't know if another title is available.

Deb/AGBF

What was Diana called after the marriage? I know that she was called Diana, Princess of Wales after the divorce.

It says on the announcement that the wedding will take place in London.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maisie|1289923473|2768354 said:

I have heard or read nothing about her title, but i belive that that is incorrect. Using a woman's first name like that is generally a sign that she is divorced. The usual protocol would call for her title to be the Princess William of Wales. It is customary, however, for royals to receive other titles upon their marriages if titles are available. William might have been made a royal duke had a title been available. Prince Andrew has already been made Duke of York, however. I don't know if another title is available.

Deb/AGBF

What was Diana called after the marriage? I know that she was called Diana, Princess of Wales after the divorce.

It says on the announcement that the wedding will take place in London.

She was The Princess of Wales. Actually, she was Her Royal Highness, The Princess of Wales. There was a dispute about her losing the HRH after the divorce. Kate will have the HRH.

Deb

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock

I have heard or read nothing about her title, but I believe that that is incorrect. Using a woman's first name before a title like that is generally a sign that she is divorced. The usual protocol would call for her title to be the Princess William of Wales. It is customary, however, for royals to receive other titles upon their marriages if titles are available. William might have been made a royal duke had a title been available. Prince Andrew has already been made Duke of York, however. I don't know if another title is available.

Deb/AGBF

I

I think all this is conjecture at the moment. We will know more in time.
As for titles, Sky said they don't think many of them are vacant at the moment.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Bruce Oldfield designs some wonderful wedding gowns.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just hearing that the Queen bought 300 bottles of vintage champagne this week to celebrate the engagement.

Blimey, she can put the booze away :bigsmile:

William gave Kate his mothers engagement ring!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
He gave her Dianas ring!!!! According to Sky

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Whoops, Sorry Maisie!!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that is an indication of how much he loves her. Its made me go all emotional.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie|1289924856|2768393 said:
I think that is an indication of how much he loves her. Its made me go all emotional.

Me too. :appl:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sure you all remember the beautiful ring, but here is a picture just because :))

prvaciglo07710156oy[1].jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh how special to have Diana's ring :) I saw this exciting news this morning and knew PSers would be all over it :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results