shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing Error

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HotIce

Rough_Rock
I was doing a search for a diamond and I saw www.diamond.com posted one of their stone for $1281 on Pricescope. I sent them an email to see if they can give me any more discount on the price but then they replied saying that their price is $1488.00. I sent them another email and saying that i saw their price is $1281 on Pricescope but then they said in their reply that "their price did go up recently, however it was not updated on Pricescope".

My question is:
Is this one of the marketing way that they try to get the customer to come to their site?
Is this happen mostly to every other supplier that on Pricescope?
Should I expect the actual price is higher then the price got displayed on Pricescope?

Thanks.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The listed prices are not guaranteed nor is availability.
There are times the database gets out of sync.
The better vendors will sometimes meet you half way if they can but sometimes they cant.
Were they polite or rude about it?

That said if its a virtual stone contact the other vendors and ask what they can do on it.

Fraud is a pretty hard word to use in this case.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2006 11:38:34 AM
Author:HotIce
I was doing a search for a diamond and I saw www.diamond.com posted one of their stone for $1281 on Pricescope. I sent them an email to see if they can give me any more discount on the price but then they replied saying that their price is $1488.00. I sent them another email and saying that i saw their price is $1281 on Pricescope but then they said in their reply that ''their price did go up recently, however it was not updated on Pricescope''.

My question is:
Is this one of the marketing way that they try to get the customer to come to their site?
Is this happen mostly to every other supplier that on Pricescope?
Should I expect the actual price is higher then the price got displayed on Pricescope?

Thanks.
that is a pretty bold title. do you really think it is appropriate?
from the information you have given, i don''t think so.
38.gif

there could be any number of factors contributing to a (minor) difference in price. i really don''t think ONE instance is grounds for such accusations.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
at the best it could be called false advertising, but if there are disclaimers on either Diamond.com or PS''s site that say something about the prices not being guaranteed as listed then they are covered...

personally i dont know if i''d want to work with someone who didn''t want to honor a price where it was only about $150 difference. now if the diamond said $10 and it was really $10k, i''d understand it but from a customer service perspective i would think many vendors would try to accommodate you for $150 or so. good luck!

Jensia

Shiny_Rock
With the recent price rise in diamonds from debeers, it proably is a reflection from that.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
  1. Pricescope database is updated twice a week: Sunday/Monday and Wednesday/Thursday nights (see FAQ).
  2. I checked the Wednesday data file from Diamond.com and this diamond was listed at $1,281. However, this morning this diamond is listed at $1,488.
  3. I also checked prices for other stones listed in Wednesday and today's files and they are the same.
  4. It is not false advertisement but a price flux in between updates.
  5. My guess, the wholesaler of this particular diamond increased the prices since Wednesday or Rapaport Prices increased today morning for certain categories of diamonds.
  6. I'm running an update right now and the prices should be most up-to-date in about 30 minutes.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I know diamond prices recently went up so I''m sure that''s where the problem lies. Mistakes happen. I know PS is honest as is their vendors, or they wouldn''t be part of the PS ''family''
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results