shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope Cut Quality Search

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mo543

Rough_Rock
Is there any reason to use the regular search (the one on the top left of the homepage) instead of the "cut quality" search?

As far as I can tell, the regular search is beneficial only to someone looking for a diamond with a not-so-great cut.

- MO

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep, when what you want doesnt show up on the other one.

I use it all the time for asschers to keep an eye on whats out there.

Welcome to PS.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey mo543
35.gif
welcome to ps!

the ps search can be useful for fancy cuts as they do not show up on the ''cut quality search''. i''ve found the recent addition of the ''in-house'' feature very useful and generally use it for searches.

mo543

Rough_Rock
I''m searching for a Round, so it sounds like I should take the following course of action:

- Start (and hopefully finish) my search using the "cut quality" search.
- If I don''t find what I''m looking for, either:
- wait for future inventory to show up, or
- fall back to using the regular search and request Sarin reports from the vendors (so I can enter data into the HCA).

Does this sound logical?

Also, thanks for the responses and the welcome. I''ve read and learned an awful lot on this site in the past few weeks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
sounds perfectly logical to me
2.gif

that is the way i like to do it!
21.gif
best of luck in your search!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a logical plan to me, glad to have you with us
35.gif

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
MO543, you''re on the right track!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/21/2005 11:34:12 PM
Author: mo543
I''m searching for a Round, so it sounds like I should take the following course of action:

- Start (and hopefully finish) my search using the ''cut quality'' search.

- If I don''t find what I''m looking for, either:

- wait for future inventory to show up, or

look around and get a feel for which vendor you might like to work with and contact them to look for you. they have diamonds available that arent in the search

- fall back to using the regular search and request Sarin reports from the vendors (so I can enter data into the HCA).

Does this sound logical?

Also, thanks for the responses and the welcome. I''ve read and learned an awful lot on this site in the past few weeks!

otherwise your on the right track :}

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/22/2005 2:02:26 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
In house can be useful too because you know they can eyeball the stone and give you all sorts of info on the phone etc

.... which brings up the question... Why are there so many ''In Store'' diamonds without stats?
31.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2005 2:26:05 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 11/22/2005 2:02:26 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
In house can be useful too because you know they can eyeball the stone and give you all sorts of info on the phone etc
.... which brings up the question... Why are there so many 'In Store' diamonds without stats?
31.gif
labor rates? Not having the equipment either to do the measurements to include it in the search by cut database, or to keep that db current enough to meet Pricescope/consumer standards? Additional costs to the vendors for using one db and not the other?

I haven't included the new db in my "shopping strategy" below my signature because of my relative desire for that info, and my judgement that inclusion in the big database (actually, are these in-house options even there?), typically inclusive of the lowest cost options, plus the "search by cut" database, covers the top and bottom of the spectrum well enough. Then again, if I were actually shopping, I'd probably be looking for every source of info I could find.

Mo, though sometimes the search by cut database option also ends up being the lowest cost as well, as the link below points to my thoughts on this, I like the idea of going with a vendor featured on both databases, and getting their assistance in comparing a provisionally higher cost option in house, with one they could bring in, that may be lower cost, but for which less is known until it is. I ended up purchasing from that larger db with DCD's help, after getting their assistance comparing to his in-house options.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
Fancy shaped diamond buyers find nothing when they use the cut quality feature. They MUST search using the regular feature.
Since there are sooooo many rounds you will probably only need the cut quality feature as the choice is gigantic.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Kimberly,

Though I think that''s close to correct, the difference is of note. Accept the default in trying each of the non-rounds, and you''ll see each database there is populated with SOME options, however, small. They largely include idealscope images, so you can use that, in fact, to help you judge cut quality. Separately, for those of us round seekers who either want to optimize choices, and/or pay bottom dollar, the big database is simply that much bigger, and does provide additional options that I found worth considering.

Slykat12

Shiny_Rock
No comprende regular guy-Is something new here on the search system-use default what ?
33.gif

Hmmm I stopped searching fancys 5 months ago for my marquise and recall nothing was there when using the cut quality feature so I put in parameters ala dave to find my stone.The choice was tiny and remains so.

I was simply responding to the question-Is there ever a reason to use the regular search feature? with a yes there is !

I am presently looking for rounds using the cut quality feature for my ears and am overwhelmed with the choices!!!!
Using the default feature would kill me!!!! I take forever to chose as it is!!! Gimme the best cut and I wll give u da money

mo543

Rough_Rock
Great! I now feel much more confident that I''m on the right track. Thanks for all the info!

let the search begin...

- MO

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results