shape
carat
color
clarity

Price quotes very different...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
I contacted 2 PS vendors to get price quotes on a custom shared prong blue sapphire and diamond platinum band, 6 sapphires, 5 diamonds, all 2mm rounds, and the prices were shockingly different; One was over twice the price of the other!! The color and clarity of the diamonds are slightly different, but I wouldn''t think it would make $700 difference in the wrong direction...

What in the world could make the same custom ring design cost twice as much? These two vendors are known on here for being very comparable in price and quality.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/12/2006 11:37:32 PM
Author:JCJD

I contacted 2 PS vendors to get price quotes on a custom shared prong blue sapphire and diamond platinum band, 6 sapphires, 5 diamonds, all 2mm rounds, and the prices were shockingly different.

For once, I wonder why wouldn't anyone use a stock setting for such a ring, when there's no shortage of them?

'Custom' may mean anything from setting stones in a pre-made setting to starting up with bits of platinum and a pile of small tools. I can't tell what exactly each does and why...

The diamonds' prices are easy to guess. The sapphires could be anywhere from $5 to $20 each, although I have no reason to bet there isn't anything more or less.

The rings could be the exact same thing too. At this point, only the sellers know what they have
8.gif

My 2c, sorry I can't help any better...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
not enough info to say whats going one.
Get a breakdown from each how it will be made and what material as well as the specs for the stones.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I contacted a whole bunch of PS vendors too for my custom project. Prices ranged from below 2k to almost 5k for just a setting!

I''d like for someone to answer this too.
33.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree with storm. see if both vendors will break down the pricing for you.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 12:38:22 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 1/12/2006 11:37:32 PM
Author:JCJD

I contacted 2 PS vendors to get price quotes on a custom shared prong blue sapphire and diamond platinum band, 6 sapphires, 5 diamonds, all 2mm rounds, and the prices were shockingly different.

For once, I wonder why wouldn''t anyone use a stock setting for such a ring, when there''s no shortage of them?
I too would ask for a specific breakdown.

Recently, when I had a Circle of Life pendant made for my mother, I contacted both a local vendor (who made my wedding set) and a PS vendor, and there was a several hundred dollar difference too. The PS vendor was the higher of the two.

I was willing to use a stock setting for the pendant, but my local vendor (Quest) told me they could make the setting for about the same price as ordering a stock setting and setting the stones in it. Plus, in my case, they could make it and deliver it faster than trying to order the setting.
1.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys, I''ll ask them for a pricing breakdown and see where the differences are.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results