shape
carat
color
clarity

Price question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Well I posted this on the colored stones forum but haven''t gotten many responses so I thought I would post here as well. THanks!

I have seriously been thinking about purchasing a gem in the past month and would like to put it in a simple pendant setting. I think I would like either a bezel or prong setting depending on the shape of the stone I buy with a simple loop chain. Could any of you give me a guess or range of what a setting like this might cost from WF or other trusted vendors? I would really really appreciate it! Thanks!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
This is the bezel setting I would like

bezel458769.jpg

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
And this is the pronged setting I like.

prong82135.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the only way to know for sure is to email or call WF or one of the other vendors and ask. Plat and gold have been on the rise so even recent price quotes could now be different. At least that''s what I''d do. I love the bezel setting
30.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2006 2:52:09 PM
Author: mrssalvo
the only way to know for sure is to email or call WF or one of the other vendors and ask. Plat and gold have been on the rise so even recent price quotes could now be different. At least that''s what I''d do. I love the bezel setting
30.gif

Thanks! I do love the bezel the most as well but it is a pentagon shaped stone and I don''t know how well that would work. I am also looking at WG because of my budget. I did email WF yesterday but obviously won''t receive a quote back until at least tomorrow. I am just trying to get a feel for what people here have paid and what to expect. Perhaps if I have to trash the whole project
39.gif
I''m hoping not though!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
This fall I paid 149$ for a 15" inch WG chain and 4 prong basket for my stone.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mata! I only wish I could "copy" your blue spinel necklace but alas there is absolutely no money for something that gorgeous. I have of course, been thinking I can always upgrade
28.gif
This is for a graduation present from my mom, well next year I graduate with my master's so it would be perfect to upgrade right!
25.gif

ETA: Mata did you get yours from WF?

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I dont mean to hijack this thread, but I have a similiar question......
can a a necklace like the 2 pictured above be made with a trillion stone?? I''m not sure I''ve ever seen a trillion shaped bezel.....
I have this ring, which I love the stone, but no longer care for the ring.....I am looking for something to with it so that it would be wearable again....
what do you ladies/guys think?

DSCN0123.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sure they can be made for your stone.
The prong one can even use a stock basket so it isnt that expensive the bezel depending on size may have to be custom cast which adds a lot to the price.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results