shape
carat
color
clarity

Price difference between SP and WF...my thoughts/experience

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laila

Shiny_Rock
I hope this is okay to post - I thought it could be helpful for those who are considering both companies. I have read previously about how SP had the best prices for eternity bands, but that their prices had come up quite a bit in recent months. I had been looking at both and decided to go with WF for a 5 stone platinum 1.25 carat total weight with ACA melee. Color is F-G, clarity is VS. I just ordered this ring today (yipeee!)

Anyways, just taking the prices off of the SP website (so to be fair, I did not get a personalized quote from them), their 5 stone platinum 1.0 ctw with premium to ideal stones and F-G, VVS - VS clarity, is roughly the same price as my 1.25 platinum 5 stone with ACA melee. The next size they have in stock on their website is 1.38 ctw (so .13 more total weight divided between the 5 stones when compared with my WF 1.25 ctw) and it is roughly $1000 more than my custom WF 1.25 ctw ACA band will be. This is just the regular SP diamond bands, not the Raphael. (Also, the quote I was given from WF for a 1.0 ctw 5 stone with ACA was a few hundred under the price for the SP 1.0 ctw 5 stone).

I was quite surprised that WF was not just equivalent in price to SP, but was definitely more affordable! I have seen many of the SP pictures on this forum and of course, they are absolutely beautiful and I''ve heard their return policies are great, so that is a bonus. There would be a 50% restocking fee if I decided to return my custom WF band.

I hope noone takes this as a slam to SP, as from everything I have read, they are a great company with beautiful pieces - I just thought it was interesting and wanted to share. This is my first experience with WF (or any online diamond/jewelry website) and I have benefited greatly from the info others had posted, so I thought I would pass on some info based on my experience.

Oh - the other thing - I am assuming that the total amount and quality of the platinum used in the rings from both companies is roughly equivalent? Hope I''m right and am not leading people to believe something that is incorrect.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for sharing your experience laila, i know many compairisons have been attempted between the two lines.
i can''t wait to see your ring!
36.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really love SP's eternity rings, but they do seem expensive whenever I actually compare pricing, so thanks for writing up the comparison between the two for future shopping, both are great companies in terms of product and service.

Can't wait to see your new ring!!

laila

Shiny_Rock
Thanks belle! I can''t wait to see it too! It''s actually going to be pretty much the same as Dancing Fire''s 5 stone that he had made for his wife:) (Hope you don''t mind Dancing Fire!) Except my fingers are much much bigger than his wife''s, unfortunately.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see all the sparkles of those ACA melees! Make sure you post lots of pictures!

laila

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the responses Mara & Jelly:) I will try to post pictures when it comes! I have never tried to take pics of jewelry before, but I''ll do my best.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2006 1:38:01 AM
Author: laila
Thanks belle! I can''t wait to see it too! It''s actually going to be pretty much the same as Dancing Fire''s 5 stone that he had made for his wife:) (Hope you don''t mind Dancing Fire!) Except my fingers are much much bigger than his wife''s, unfortunately.
laila
nope...i don''t mind . you''ll love it
30.gif
are you going with the share prong setting? i think the ring will look better on your size finger.

btw; before i order from WF. i was comparing the prices between WF vs SP vs HoF.
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the info, Laila.

Both are great companies. I think that Signed Pieces is attractive because they have all their anniversary rings on their website and it''s easy to look at the various sizes, etc.

And Whiteflash has those amazing ACAs. It''s good to know that Whiteflash''s prices can be lower than SP''s.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results