shape
carat
color
clarity

Price check?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
What do you think?

Measurement: 8.06-8.10X5.20MM
Table Diameter: 54%
Total Depth: 64.4%
Weight: 2.08CT
Color: Near colorless (I)
Clarity: SI(2)
Polish/Symmetry: Very Good/Very Good
Treatment: None
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick
IGI certified

It''s set in a platinum ring with an additional 1 carat of stones. Listed at $12,000 obo; seller has indicated he''ll take $9k.

I wasn''t really looking for anything, but this deal looks pretty hot to me.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this a round?
If so its hiding a ton of weight in the depth where its degrading light return and making the diamond smaller in diameter.
woof woof woof

igi cert makes bad toilet paper but thats about all its good for in my opinion.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Yes, sorry, it''s a round.

I thought that more depth = more scintillation; was I wrong?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2005 1:12:56 AM
Author: Addlepated
Yes, sorry, it''s a round.

I thought that more depth = more scintillation; was I wrong?

yes.
Read the cut tutorials please.

http://diamonds.pricescope.com/

Sorry for the short reply but its late and I wanted to answer before I headed to bed.
Maybe one of the night shifters can help out more.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I''m not an expert, but I can tell you a couple of things you should be concerned about with a deep stone. For one thing, you will be paying for carat weight you cannot actually see. This is what is referred to as "spread" (aka the diamond''s diameter). Prices are based on how much a stone weighs, not how big it faces up. So, you might be paying for a 2 carat that looks like a 1.75. The other problem with an overly deep stone is that it will likely affect light return. The diamond might appear dark in the center.

My other concern would be the IGI cert. IGI doesn''t have a very good rep around here; it is generally thought of as a mall store cert. There is a good chance that your I, SI2 might actually be a J, I1.

Having said all that, I think your eyes should always be your ultimate guide. If you''ve seen this ring and you think it''s great, then go for it. I would just encourage you to make sure you''ve seen all that is out there before you make your final decision. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results