shape
carat
color
clarity

Price check cushion diamond - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vanmanxc

Rough_Rock
I recently put a down payment on a 1.29 ct cushion cut diamond from Bernie Robbins. The diamond is a Daniel K diamond. The specs are:

1.29ct cushion
Ideal Cut
F color
VS1 clarity
ex polish
ex symmetry
6.95X6.22X4.14
l/w=1.12
Price: 10,900

I do not have the table, depth, and culet information.

I am having it set in the Michael B pettite princess pave setting.

The total cost comes to 12,300. Does this sound right?

The ring is an engagement ring for gf. I plan to propose sometime in May or June.

Please Help! Thank you.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i haven''t priced cusions lately so i can''t help you with the price of the stone itself, but the price sounds reasonable for the completed ring. enjoy it!

best of luck with the proposal!

vanmanxc

Rough_Rock
Belle

Thank you for responding. I have researched other diamonds with similar specs and found that I am paying slightly more. I think I am paying a premium because the diamond is form Daniel K. I did get a deal on the Michael B setting though so I hope that equals everything out. Im a little nervous that a paid too much maybe, the diamond was absolutely gorgeous though.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can tell you right now that I am looking at a diamond that is an F, 1 carat, SI1 clarity that is being priced for half that. I still am waiting for more detailed info. Oh, and btw, the polish and symmetry are ex/ex on the one I am looking at too.

vanmanxc

Rough_Rock
Aren''t the pricing points for a 1ct and 1.29 ct quite different. It is my understanding diamond prices take larger jumps around 1 ct, 1.25ct, 1.5 ct and so on. Also the pricing difference for a VS1 and a SI1 is also quite significant.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely...I wasn''t comparing the one I am looking at to yours (sorry if I gave that impression...it is not a apples to apples comparision). Just giving you a point of reference.

Went to Robbins Bros today to do a little homework and saw cushions that were WORSE than the one I was looking at for 3K more!

vanmanxc

Rough_Rock
Wow, thats a big jump in price. I am pretty skeptical when it comes to some jewlers. Bernie Robbins is pretty reputable though so I hope everything is legit.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Believe me, I nearly fell over. Their stone was .05 bigger and a D instead of a F. But the symmetry was only good and the polish very good (vs. ex/ex). The table was 66% and the depth somewhere around the same. 3K more seemed crazy to me, but what do I know?
20.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t sweat it van..you are getting a brand name piece for a reasonable price from a reputable b&m. you need to relax and enjoy your purchase!

vanmanxc

Rough_Rock
Does any one have pictures of a similar sized diamond in a ring? I want to get an idea of what the finished product will look like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results