shape
carat
color
clarity

Pretty pear...take 2...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Just when I was about to give up and keep this stone, I found this. The numbers sound good and it will be a tad fatter. I just got back from the post office, and can''t wait for my new stone. Here are a few pics.

DI40XT_GIA15550231[1].jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
the IS.....

IS_GIA15550231[1].jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
and .....

AST_GIA15550231[1].jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
It looks like it will have a lot less light leakage and Bob said it is a beautiful pear.

The specs are .50 VVS1/D vg/gd
6.63X4.70X2.81 (1.41)
59.8/59

I know the VVS is overkill, but this was the only stone they had that fit my bill. There was one stone that was everything I wanted, but it was an I with med. blue fluor. I thought about it and by the time I was ready to purchase it, it was gone.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, beautiful pear! I love pears! How are you planning to set it?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks lovely to me!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Skippy & Kaleigh...thank you so much. I''m going to set it in a regular 6 prong setting, and later I might halo it like Firegoddess. Maybe teeny tiny sapphires. This is going to be my RHR.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, that''s a gorgeous pear! I liked the other one, too, but this one is PERFECT! The shape is just sooooo good. I can''t wait to see real life pics! I''m dying for a similar sized pear myself for a pendant. That''s next on my list!
11.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both the pears are gorgeous stones but this one is slightly fatter. I like them both but you should get the one that makes your heart go pitter patter when you see it. I can''t wait to see the finished ring.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Comparing both IS image, does this look like it has better light return? Does this look light it would be a better stone? All replies welcome.
35.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Gothgrrl, another beauty!! I think I''m going to have you choose my next pear!

If you had to settle LOL! for D color and VVS1 to get your chubby factor included in the specs, so be it, we''ll just have to settle D color and VVS1. Good glory be!

I can''t wait to see it mounted and on your hand!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 6:55:01 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Skippy & Kaleigh...thank you so much. I''m going to set it in a regular 6 prong setting, and later I might halo it like Firegoddess. Maybe teeny tiny sapphires. This is going to be my RHR.
Oh, that would be super lovely!!! How fun to have a rhr, lucky girl
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, congrats on finding it! The way you want to set it sounds lovely, I can''t wait for your handshots!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Hi GG-this pear looks really great, too! I especially love the D color on this one
30.gif
. Looking forward to seeing the finished product!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 9:25:33 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Comparing both IS image, does this look like it has better light return? Does this look light it would be a better stone? All replies welcome.
35.gif

I''m certainly no expert, but the Idealscope on this one really does look better, in my opinion. There is a lot less white on this one compared to the other one.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys.

Thing2of2, yes that''s what I thought too. I really don''t know how to read those IS and the other image with the green. I don''t know what that''s called. Now the hard part is waiting for it to come back to me.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the first one of course, and this one looks beautiful too! Can''t wait to see more pics! Can never get enough pears around here.
9.gif
I think that crisp white stone would look beautiful haloed in sapphires someday!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
FG, thank you. It means a lot to me, because I think your pear is the MOST beautiful pear I have ever seen.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results