shape
carat
color
clarity

pretty new aquamarine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous aqua!
36.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is a really pretty stone! I''ve been kind of looking for an aqua. Apparently nice aqua rough seems hard to come by. You got lucky I think!

decodame

Rough_Rock
Beautiful
30.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree TL - it is a little deeper blue than Dan''s photo. In some of these photos, it looks a tad green, but it''s not at all.

So what does everyone think about bezeling it? It''s not too dark right? As chrono mentioned, a "collet" bezel should look nice (I hope). For those (like me) who had never heard of a collet setting, it''s where the stone is bezeled but the bezel doesn''t extend down the sides of the stone - it''s just around the girdle of the stone, so the back and sides are still open to let light in.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
oh it''s beautiful!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Annette!!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely color!!!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t care for aqua too much, generally, but that one''s a keeper for sure! I can''t wait to see it set!
36.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks cind11, gecko and brandy (and everyone else!!) I''m not usually an aqua fan either but I knew I had to take a chance on this one!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone is not too dark at all for a bezel setting. In fact, I’ve not seen an aquamarine that would be too dark to bezel because they just don’t come in very dark tones. If anything, it is the other way where the aquamarine is usually too light and needs the help of a bezel to darken it a little.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Chrono!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are welcome.
2.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
ooh I missed this thread- lovely stone, katiedid! It will make a great bezel!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks icekid!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pretty stone will be on its way to Julia today! Here''s hoping it arrives in one piece!

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have a beautiful stone. I am a fan of aqua and you really got a winner. I think it will look great with a bezel setting. I can''t wait to see it when it is done!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks cravingdiamonds! I think I lucked out too! I''ll send photos when I have her back in her happy new home. I haven''t even decided 100% on a setting yet though! Too many choices...

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a really nice shade of blue. Beautiful stone!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks a bunch LtlFirecracker!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone, I really love the colour!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks bling addict!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my that is a lovely color!! Is Julia One Garnet Girl? Can''t wait to see what setting style you pick!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/1/2009 2:44:35 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Oh my that is a lovely color!! Is Julia One Garnet Girl? Can''t wait to see what setting style you pick!
OK I went and read your first thread on this stone. I see who Julia is now. Hope you have finalized your setting.
21.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks Stone Hunter! Julia and I are still kinda brainstorming on the setting. I told her I was in no hurry. She said she got the stone yesterday and that it was beautiful. I knew she''d like it!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow!!!! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE the color!!!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks princessplease!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thats a fantastic looking aqua
3.gif

-A

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2009 8:15:56 AM
Author: katiedid
I agree TL - it is a little deeper blue than Dan''s photo. In some of these photos, it looks a tad green, but it''s not at all.

So what does everyone think about bezeling it? It''s not too dark right? As chrono mentioned, a ''collet'' bezel should look nice (I hope). For those (like me) who had never heard of a collet setting, it''s where the stone is bezeled but the bezel doesn''t extend down the sides of the stone - it''s just around the girdle of the stone, so the back and sides are still open to let light in.

Pretty color-excited to see what you and Julia come up with!

Thanks for the explanation of a collet bezel too! I never knew it had a specific name-and I''d always wondered why some bezels I''d seen-like in the little stacker rings-covered all but the top of the stone! I got a little smarter today.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are also bezels with an "airline" for those who want a full bezel but have some light coming in from the side. It's basically a slit or open slot in the side of the full bezel.

The Tiffany Diamonds by the Yard is collet set.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Arcadian and packrat! We''re all set on the ring now but I''ll wait till I get it to post photos! Not sure how long it''ll take for her to make it but I''m excited!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results