shape
carat
color
clarity

Present for my daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I got this ring for my middle daughter's 15th birthday! I can't wait for her to open it, but her birthday isn't until next Monday! I'd love to sneak a peek at it now that I'm home, but I can't imagine that I can tie that bow back!

It's a Tiffany Elsa Peretti sterling silver ring with a .02 diamond. She is allergic to nickel, and these rings have only copper as the added metal. I am thrilled!

We had visited Tiffany's a few weeks ago, and this is the ring she liked best. She found a website that has some nice knock off versions of several Tiffany pieces, but I just couldn't imagine buying a knock off as a 15th birthday present. When she sees it, she is gonna be really happy.

I'll take pictures next week, but for now...here is the Tiffany site's photo of it.

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/item.aspx?sku=GRP00176&search_params=t+-s+0-p+2-l+-h+-c+-r+169+115+143-x

Yippee!
16.gif

Elsa Peretti Silver Ring with .02 diamond.jpg

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, what a sweet bday present for your daughter! Very pretty!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Nice! I bought one for my teenage daughter a few years ago too. Great first diamond ring!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2007 9:44:51 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
Nice! I bought one for my teenage daughter a few years ago too. Great first diamond ring!
That''s exactly what I thought - a very sweet first... Thanks!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely birthday present! You''re a great mom, she will love it!
36.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet mom!!!! And what a nice Bday gift... I know I would have loved one at 15
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is such a cute ring. The perfect introductory diamond ring for a teenager!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful little ring, she will love it. I am hoping to get a new ring for my birthday which is Tuesday. So Happy Birthday to your 15 yr.old. Please, more pic''s after her birthday.
35.gif

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
my parents got me the same ring for my college graduation, and i still wear it sometimes now (been 7 years). I think your daughter will love it

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to everyone! I feel kinda bad for her with her nickel allergy, she has a hard time wearing any jewelry, so this ring will be extra special in that she really doesn''t even have costume jewelry she can wear.

I got my oldest a really cute silver Judith Ripka bracelet with a light blue sapphire charm sort of thing last year when she turned 16. It is a beauty. I was a bit worried, because all my girls are pretty independent, and I was reluctant to spend money on something she hadn''t at least window shopped with me before and seen. It was the same nearly the same price as this ring, and I was worried she wouldn''t like it. I still remember buying it. I walked into a really nice jewelry store here in Denver, and said my budget was $250 for a 16 year old birthday present. i felt a bit out of place, but the sales lady went and picked out the bracelet - it has links and is kind of chunky to look at initially, the stone is cut into a heart shape, and is surrounded by a metal circle thingy, with a tiny yellow gold heart and itty bitty diamond chip at the top. Ok, I can''t really explain it, I''ll have to take a picture of it sometime soon. Anyway, it called to me in the store that she would love it. I bought it within 5 minutes of walking in...then worried about it for a week. When she opened it, I thought she did not like it. BUT, she wears it frequently and it truly is her style. The jewelry store says it will rhodium plate it for life when/if it needs it.

For my birthday girl coming up, she did try this one on at Tiffany, so I know she will be thrilled! So fun!

Thanks for letting me share my story.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
She will be so excited! My mom bought me my first diamond (1/3 5 stone band) too and I really like that tradition. It is a great ring!

Nicki

Shiny_Rock
What a gorgeous ring!!! I completely feel for your daughter with the nickel allergy...didn''t know that it was possible to get non-problematic silver. I''ll have to check that out. :)

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very thoughtful gift and cool looking too! Thanks for sharing this with us.
10.gif

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful idea! She''ll love it. :)

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Cute ring! I am biased because I recevied this exact silver ring as one of my Christmas gifts from my BF last year. We call it "baby bling" because it is so cute. Actually, I am wearing it now and that .02 diamond really sparkles, she will love it!!

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
oh that is just precious. perfect for a 15th birthday gift!

way to start ''em young! ^_-

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Delightful! Happy BD!

cheers--Sharon

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
That''s lovely! Lucky girl!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s fantastic - I definitely wish I had gotten something in a little blue box when I was that age!!

How sweet! I have 2 boys so I''ll never be able to do that.
8.gif
My 10 year old already makes fun of me b/c Im always taking pictures of my rings, etc. Boys just don''t understand!! I hope your daughter loves her ring!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2007 2:39:48 PM
Author: FireGoddess
It''s fantastic - I definitely wish I had gotten something in a little blue box when I was that age!!
Me too! Heck, I still wish it now and I''m 29!!
9.gif

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful gift!! Happy 15th Birthday to your daughter!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a nice idea, and a beautiful ring! i LOVE that ring, too!! she''s going to be thrilled! my parents surprised my on my 13th birthday and took me shopping for my first piece of jewelry (an opal ring as opal is my birthstone) and it''s a memory i hold dear to this day, as i do the ring!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a couple of photos of my daughter''s ring. She really loves it. And yes, getting a diamond ring from Tiffany was a big hit. Quite worth it!

tn_81507 249.jpg

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Lovely! you are such a great mom!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great on her hand!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love it, what a nice Mom you are!!! She''ll treasure it always!!

CaityJ

Rough_Rock
Well done, mom! A very nice gift!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! I would highly recommend this ring as an affordable present for anyone you want to show you love them. It's about the same price as an ipod, a new bike, or a couple of new outfits/shoes. For me, it was a nicer way to celebrate her birthday than getting her some Hollister and Rocket Dogs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results