shape
carat
color
clarity

Pregnant woman arrested for stealing sandwich?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1320181486|3051947 said:

what happened to the wrapper? In the story they said they kept the wrapper out so they could remember to pay but then they forgot.
The 2 sandwiches were $5 so they could very well forgot and in the story it says they got lost and then found that Safeway. I don't know; it all sounds weird to me.

Yeah, I think the woman's excuse is pretty lame. It is way too simple (and common sense) to just place the wrapper in the cart, along all the other groceries, and then put the wrapper up along with the groceries when paying. Or, if they were near passing out, they could have purchased the sandwiches in the deli - at them in the store seating area - most have either an eating area or a starbucks/tully's section, then shopped.

That said, though, Safeway didn't handle the situation well, at all! I don't think this will make a difference in my shopping habits. I do go in there, but only for a few things if we're in a rush. The store by me is VERY overpriced. In fact, I'm scratching my head at how the couple managed to find two sandwiches for $5.00 total!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results