shape
carat
color
clarity

Precision Cut Gems from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
I ran across this cutter''s work several months ago, and checked in again today. He has absolutely amazing custom cut gems that I think everyone would be interested in here on Pricescope.

I don''t know any of his shipping policies but I see that there is a large section of faceted Oregon Opal, so I''m sure he ships back and forth to the U.S. quite easily.

I sure hope this is okay to post here, I love his work and especially photographs, I hope everyone else on Pricescope does too!

Be sure to check out all the sections on the site, there is an absolute amazing array of stones.

http://www.osirisgems.com/

Kind Regards,

Jeffrey Hunt

Osiris Gems

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Jeff,

I have seen this vendor''s site before, although I don''t recall how I found it - unless you made reference to it on Facebook perhaps?

I do think his stones look marvellous. There seems to be a certain style of cutting I see when I look at German stones, although I can''t put my finger on what it is either, because it''s not that they favour one particular cut over another. Perhaps you have some insight??

His photos are very good and are almost as good as yours.
emwink.gif

Jeffrey Hunt

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Gailey,

You know, I think there is a German look to gem faceting. This is my personal opinion and design sense: I think there is a greater use of larger facets which of course incorporate larger reflected surfaces. The only way to achieve this is through superior polishing. Each and every flaw shows on those large faceted gems.

American faceting seems to concentrate on smaller and medium size facets utilizing sparkle and scintillation a bit more in the finished stone.

With my personal designs I try to use both - two valuable tools or approaches.

What I see in the German stones is also a more precise, (or a better word) deliberate use of proportion. That being said a number of stones on the Orisis Gems site are actually designed by U.S. designers. I believe there are a number of his own original designs there as well.

Anyone else have examples or different thoughts on a German faceting style? Or even European. I''ve been told, and just recently that European Consumers are not that interested in Custom Cut stones. Or have little knowledge of them.

Thanks for the photo compliment but those photos are much better than mine, at least most of them.
36.gif

Jeff

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Those are some really pretty gems. I really like the look of that first ametrine.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Great to find vendors in Europe, thanks Jeffrey. His stuff looks great.

ETA wowzers, that ametrine!
30.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Very different cuts from what I usually see. TFS!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
His cutting is awesome, but there are two things to consider, at least for me.
a) He does not use very expensive stones
b) I did not see his price list
c) Euro is strong, and dollar is weak

You are right, Germany has excellent cutters, the tradition dates back to old time...I have contacted one huge gemhouse, and the prices they quoted...Were, mildly, speaking, high. They would not have beein high 8-9 years ago, when euro:dollar ratio was almost equal, but now they are high for me. So unless I see the prices, I can not make any decision. I mean, having one piece of jewelry like this, perhaps in argentum that has just been discussed on the forum might be fun, but I honestly doubt it will be money-saving project. Unless he is very reasonable (one can't lose hope).
He could be a nice option for vendors who have access to own rough.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
In addition, Uli Zeisberg (osirisgems.com cutter) is also a nice guy & he accepts recutting services. He was the cutter that I also inquired about recutting my fatty peridot. He explained a lot to me including the perfect design that''ll suit my stone.. Sadly, I didn''t choose him & went for Bab Kast instead because he said Germany has no EMS shipment so I was afraid that my gem won''t make it to him (It''s my first time to send my gem abroad that''s why I''m so nervous back then). But he''s a nice guy & very helpful.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
I think the price of his nice 15.37 cts Ametrine (the first one) is around $250. Not so sure but I think I''ve seen the price somewhere in his ebay store...

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Speechless is right, what gorgeous work! Thanks for posting the link. It''s nice to see more of the yin-yang cut like the amethysts I got from Finewater. I love the rounded trillian''s too and that ametrine is the best!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! Now I am speechless. BTHW do you know the name of his ebay store?

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2010 12:59:57 PM
Author: crasru
Here''s the link to his ebay store: OSIRIS GEMS

I''ve checked his store today & apparently, the nicely cut ametrine is no longer available. I wonder if someone just bought it... (hopefully it''s a PS member so we can feast on the RL pics hehe)
1.gif

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/27/2010 8:24:11 PM
Author: blithesome71
Date: 1/27/2010 12:59:57 PM

Author: crasru

Here''s the link to his ebay store: OSIRIS GEMS

Now I remember seeing the store on the ebay. But how can you make an opinion about the store if these guys selling "emerald countertop" or Indian sapphires all have 100% rating? And Osiris, too? So I never bought from him. Thank you for the tip!

I''ve checked his store today & apparently, the nicely cut ametrine is no longer available. I wonder if someone just bought it... (hopefully it''s a PS member so we can feast on the RL pics hehe)
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results