shape
carat
color
clarity

pre made sugerloaf?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Candice

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone, I don''t post often but I love oogling everyones gems! now i''m on the hunt for a pre made sugerloaf ring in a coloured gem. not sure what I want yet but when I see it i''ll know :) so does anyone have suggestions for where I can buy a suger loaf ring? thanks in advance!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve seen some pre-made sugarloaf rings online but those are seemingly expensive because they are branded (big name designer) and of substantial size.

Candice

Shiny_Rock
hmm I wish I could find someone that had pre made rings on their website instead of paying the big designer prices!!

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Big designer prices ? Nah, unless you have something really intricate in mind it would be very easy to have a cutter cut a sugarloaf stone and then have a bench jeweler put together something to fit it and at a very reasonable cost. There are lots of manufacturers of parts and pieces for rings and making bezels to fit is very easy in gold or silver. Most cutters who''ve been at it a while have boxes of rocks which are not quite good enough for faceting, but would make great sugarloafs. The reason that you don''t see more things like this readily available is that most cutters will cut their better material first, since it sells the fastest, (the nice cab grade stuff can languish in that box for years). If you contact a cutter with a specific request, that''s a nice sale for not too much time output.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michele,
I agree that this can be very easily done by a cutter and parts are also easily available to be fabricated together for a simple prong style setting. Just my guess but perhaps Candice prefers to go to a shop/website where she can select from a variety of colours and sizes rather than having to request a “custom” stone and finding a benchperson to set it? It appears that many people just find it easier or prefer to purchase a ready made ring rather getting the stone and setting separately. Personally, I prefer to find the stone separately as it affords me more choices and better quality.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Candice, do you have a budget in mind? I know you''re looking for something premade but as Michael said it wouldn''t be that hard or expensive to find a cab and have a simple setting made. I came across some rings with cabs on Etsy you might like but none of them are sugarloaves.

Julia Kay Taylor:
Amethyst Cab 1
Amethyst Cab 2
Oval Amethyst Cab

BTW, Julia is really nice and easy to work with.

I''ve never ordered anything from Janish Jewels but they have some interesting rings.

Blue Topaz Trillion Cab
Rubellite Cab
Green Tourmaline Pyramid Cab
Affordable Blue Topaz
Affordable Rose Quartz

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results