shape
carat
color
clarity

Pre-lit Christmas trees

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I threw out my 9ft MONSTER tree last year. It was actually over 11ft. by the time it was up in the stand. It was a pre-lit artificial that I paid a freakin fortune for 7 years ago, over $900.00. It was super thick and a great tree, BUT----

After 7 years, the lights began to go out yr after yr. and every year I had to add a strand or two. Very frustrating, so this year I have to buy a new one. I told myself no more expensive trees, just go get one, pre-lit for around $300 or less. Well, I went to check out a few (yeah, a few stores already have ''em) and uck! Too thin and sparse.

Has anyone ordered a tree from www.treeclassics.com ? They have gorgeous stuff, but is it worth it?

Also, I am on the hunt for those crystal (?) beaded placemats. I need 10 gold and 4 red or green. Target has them last year and I missed getting them before their stock was deleted. If ya''ll see them, let me know!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered my pre-lit tree through QVC online a few years back, and it''s gorgeous.... VERY full and thick... actually way too much for my little 750sf apartment, but whatever.
2.gif
It has a remote control function, too, which I use more than I thought I would. Might be worth checking out to see what they have!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Remote control! Wow, I''d love that. I was always climbing behind the tree to unplug a few plugs from the surge protector.

I''ll have to check that out.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think Frontgate sells them but there is this other catalog I can't remember right now that actually sells a ton of them! I got the catalog last year and was checking them out but I don't remember what the name was. It was a mail order kind of place. I am tempted sometimes to get one but I love the fresh tree thing, my parents got a fake one for the first time last year and it was just SOOO not anything like a real tree. I would like to get one for our downstairs living room because we have a bunch of french door/windows lining the front room and the tree would be wonderful in there so everyone could see it BUT I *have* to have the Xmas tree up near where we hang out aka family room! So I haven't got the energy to put up 2 trees and it seems silly since our place is not that big. It would just be cool to have a tree inside the living room for people outside to see. But the fam room is where the REAL tree goes! hehe.

Keep us posted on what you find Ann, since who knows maybe I will get one for the front room this year.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have had our pre-lit 6.5 ft. tree for going on 5 years now...we actually found it at K-Mart for $149.99, believe it or not! It is not the most beautiful pre-lit tree I''ve ever seen, but it comes pretty close to looking real and we put it in front of our big picture window that faces the street, so it looks nice from outside. I''m sure in the next few years we''ll end up replacing it, but it was a good find for $150.

I love fresh trees, but I hate the mess. I remember my parents always having fresh trees, and having a few years of really bad problems with them...one year the main tree dripped sap all over all the ornaments my mother has collected for like 25 years, and one year there was a spider infestation in the tree--little tiny spiders were EVERYWHERE, yuck. I''d rather sacrifice the wonderful scent and look of a real tree for a fake one that doesn''t have the same potential issues any day!
9.gif
And hello, no stringing of lights? Even better!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for a decent selection of "slim" trees. Our rowhouse is only 14 feet wide so having a tree with a 5 ft. diameter is impossible! I saw a few in catalogs last year but they were so expensive... anybody know where to look for a decent selection/price? My little tiny tree is just that, little and tiny! I want something that says "CHRISTMAS" without surrendering our entire living room to it.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2006 12:38:29 PM
Author: sumbride
I''m looking for a decent selection of ''slim'' trees. Our rowhouse is only 14 feet wide so having a tree with a 5 ft. diameter is impossible! I saw a few in catalogs last year but they were so expensive... anybody know where to look for a decent selection/price? My little tiny tree is just that, little and tiny! I want something that says ''CHRISTMAS'' without surrendering our entire living room to it.
I bought a slim fiber optic tree off ebay a few years ago. It''s pretty full and looks gorgeous when decorated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results