shape
carat
color
clarity

Prayer request

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My thoughts are with you and your family.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 12:21:55 PM
Author: strmrdr
They are going to do a chemical stress test this afternoon.
She passes it they will send her home, if not they will do the other stress test on Monday.
One of the meds they gave her in the ER will interfere with the results of the regular stress test today.
Women have a problem with the chemical stress test sometimes? so it doesn't really mean anything if she fails it but will have to do the other one monday from what my brother said.
I would be surprised if they didn't cath her if the chemical stress is abnormal if she presented with chest pain. Wouldn't garner much from a repeated stress test (chemical or exercise) - as it is possible to have a negative stress test and still have active coronary disease. Usually the preference is to have someone 'stress' themselves if they can (i.e. run/bike to get the heart rate up), but if they are limited in the ability to achieve an adequate workload (such as bad arthritis, bad lung disease, etc) then induce a 'chemical' exercise. If abnormal, and if she has symptoms suggestive of possible heart disease (or newly abnormal ekg), then cath is likely where they will go next (esp if they can identify an area of probable ischemia.) Pendulous breasts can give some nonreversible artifact on imaging (as can obesity and the diaphragm). If she has reversibility on images, it is not breast tissue or fatty tissue (or the diaphragm), and repeating a stress test won't add anything.

Curious - is she on the East or West coast? Tendencies towards slightly different practices between the two coasts - East coast tends to cath earlier, West coast tends to take longer to get there....
If the EKG changes are worrisome and sxs are good, can go straight to cath.

Of course this is without knowing her med history, history of the chest pain, examining her, disclaimer, disclaimer, etc, etc.

Fingers crossed for her, hugs for you!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Prayers outgoing to you and your family.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/10/2008 7:23:10 PM
Author: :)
Date: 10/10/2008 12:21:55 PM

They are going to do a chemical stress test this afternoon.

She passes it they will send her home, if not they will do the other stress test on Monday.

One of the meds they gave her in the ER will interfere with the results of the regular stress test today.

Women have a problem with the chemical stress test sometimes? so it doesn''t really mean anything if she fails it but will have to do the other one monday from what my brother said.
I would be surprised if they didn''t cath her if the chemical stress is abnormal if she presented with chest pain. Wouldn''t garner much from a repeated stress test (chemical or exercise) - as it is possible to have a negative stress test and still have active coronary disease. Usually the preference is to have someone ''stress'' themselves if they can (i.e. run/bike to get the heart rate up), but if they are limited in the ability to achieve an adequate workload (such as bad arthritis, bad lung disease, etc) then induce a ''chemical'' exercise. If abnormal, and if she has symptoms suggestive of possible heart disease (or newly abnormal ekg), then cath is likely where they will go next (esp if they can identify an area of probable ischemia.) Pendulous breasts can give some nonreversible artifact on imaging (as can obesity and the diaphragm). If she has reversibility on images, it is not breast tissue or fatty tissue (or the diaphragm), and repeating a stress test won''t add anything.

Curious - is she on the East or West coast? Tendencies towards slightly different practices between the two coasts - East coast tends to cath earlier, West coast tends to take longer to get there....

If the EKG changes are worrisome and sxs are good, can go straight to cath.

Of course this is without knowing her med history, history of the chest pain, examining her, disclaimer, disclaimer, etc, etc.

Fingers crossed for her, hugs for you!

Thanks for the information.
We are in the IL 70 miles outside of Chicago.

The results aren''t in yet.
They are keeping her in another night until the attending can get the results of the stress test and do an evaluation in the morning.
She is in the heart hospital unit and they have a doctor on staff 24/7 but it does get confusing when one doctor says one thing and another something different every 12 hours, then nothing is final until the attending says so.
It is a mixed up mess specially with someone with a very complicated medical history and a lot of meds who freaks out every time they tell her anything.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I''ve just found this thread, but I wanted to include my warmest thoughts for your family, and especially for your sister-in-law.
L.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stress test came back ok and ekg looked ok this morning so they are letting her go home.
Basically said that they don''t know what is causing the pain but its not heart related and to follow up with her regular doctor.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 12:14:45 PM
Stress test came back ok and ekg looked ok this morning so they are letting her go home.
Basically said that they don''t know what is causing the pain but its not heart related and to follow up with her regular doctor.
That''s great news!! Glad she''s able to go home!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That''s wonderful news!

I just have to add here that you are a great brother-in-law to be so involved with her care.
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Glad she''s okay strmrdr!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news
emthup.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear that Karl, that is wonderful news.

Linda

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Many apologies for not responding sooner, but I only saw this just now. I am so glad she has been released from the hospital and I hope that in the coming weeks her doctor can figure out what happened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delighted to hear that Storm!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results