shape
carat
color
clarity

Prague no-go!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I learned my lesson regarding trips. After asking for loads of advice from friends, family, and here on P.S., after nine days the person who invited me still hasn't gotten her approval for the trip to Prague and won't get it until Monday, so then my reservations have to be approved and then the itinerary has to be sent to me from her office before I can go into the passport office, which leaves me nearly NO time to get my passport as we'd be leaving on this coming friday! So, yes, I wasted nearly $500 on trip preparations including extra day care for my son so I could get all my misc. stuff together and squared away plus the emotional costs of loads of anticipation and uncertainty about the trip were spent as well.

I was under the assurance the itinerary would have been in my hand on last Monday and at that time I would have been able to get the 14-day or less expedited passport. The concept of corporate structure and procedure is completely foreign to me.

What a huge disappointment. Sorry for asking so many questions and then not having any pictures to show for it
7.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
that''s such a huge disappointment-sorry to hear that MC.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Awww, MC, I''m sorry that fell through.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a shame MC!! You seemed very excited to go. I hope you get there some day!!!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, gals.

This week I''m getting my passport the old fashion way so I will have it for the future. My husband and I live only 2 hours from Canada so we go often and we''ll be required to have a passport to cross that boarder by Jan 31, 2008, so I''m going to get my butt in gear this time around and have it ready!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
MC, I''m sorry it won''t work out! Things like that happen sometimes, but it''s not fun when they happen to you.
7.gif

You live only 2 hours from the Canadian border? That''s fun! We live, like 6-8 hours or so from Montreal and QC, and I hate to say it, but I''ve only been once or twice. We really should take advantage of being so close (sort of) and go more often.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Awe, what a bummer! I was so excited for you...but who knows, maybe all this anticipation will spark a travel bug and you can take your own fabulous trip!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ack! Bummer!

But I applaud your spirit of adventure and getting into the swing of things at the last minute. I hope you get to go in the future!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry!!! I would be devastated!!!

Deborah
34.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''m having mixed reactions about it. Two dream destinations of mine are France and Tahiti, and the idea of Prague NEVER crossed my mind. It sounded like a facinating city, but the cold was concerning me as I am a huge fan of WARM places, plus I felt bad leaving my kids for what would be seven days after all that airflight time!

Any European trip would be wonderful, however, so it seemed like a must-do to accept any vacation offer regardless of location. . .I just got off the phone with a long talk with my best friend and she has consoled me as much as can be. She knows my personality and says I should just save up some money and take a trip to the Cayman islands with my husband. That is MUCH more me! (even the avatar has been changed to reflect my love of warm places.)

Who knows what the future holds but I''ll have my passport WITH ME when I need it
2.gif

Oh, and the same relative already invited me on anothe trip for when I do get my passport. It''s another country I''d never really want to see - India! - lol, so we''ll see. If I do go, I''ll post only AFTER I have pictures
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results