shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Icy Jade: of the harvest strands, that's my favourite too (primarily because of that fantastic banded blue-green pearl). I don't love the garlic shaped pearl either (and yes, it's what it reminds me of too!).

I spent quite a bit of time with all of my recent strands sitting beside me at my desk as I worked too. All the better to see them with, my pretties!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1409773634|3744221 said:
Icy Jade: of the harvest strands, that's my favourite too (primarily because of that fantastic banded blue-green pearl). I don't love the garlic shaped pearl either (and yes, it's what it reminds me of too!).

I spent quite a bit of time with all of my recent strands sitting beside me at my desk as I worked too. All the better to see them with, my pretties!

cmd2014, I would love to see a group sandwich shot of all the new tahitian beauties. Again, I I can't keep up with you! Lucky Pearl Girl!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
ckrickett|1409754903|3744000 said:
icy_jade|1409750141|3743969 said:
Dmz: It's BEAUTIFUL!! :love:

====

cmd2014 said:
That would have been my thought as well. I was also a little surprised that they were significantly more expensive than the comparable 50-54 inch graduated strands from the last sale. I expected them to be around the same ballpark. It seems like they put a LOT of rounds in these ones which increased the price...maybe because they were designed to be more luxurious for the connoisseur sale.

Hmm. I can't recall the exact price but I'm sure my harvest strand cost more than my other ropes.
FWIW I thought this particular rope (still available) looks terrific, and rather value for money compared to the others. I love the provoked baroque as much as I hate the pearl that looks like garlic (to me). :D

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-4256-50-inch-79-147-mmm-tahitian-harvest-strand.aspx

image_2280.jpg

image_2281.jpg
That one with the 3 circles pops for me out of that strand! The color and the shape! I love it (almost looks carved!)

That same circled pearl pops out at me too. I want to put in on a chain and wear it as a solitaire pendant.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pkinnew, your 26” custom strand is beautiful. Chenai is so great to work with, isn’t she?

CMD, you made a nice final score. I am going with WG clasps. It helped to see the pictures of the 2 clasp colors next to the strand picture.

Fly Girl, you go girl! That is going to be a heck of a triple strand. Love those AAA drops. :love:

DMZ, glad to hear your wife is happy with her present. That’s a great photo – I can see why your wife would take it off to just stare at it.

Mapo, why fight it, lol. That’s a lovely strand with some really cool shaped pearls included.

Ckrickett, it’s a beautiful strand. So, what is the little guy’s name? The bi-color pearls are so cool.

Frost Me, sorry about your FIL. Your second strand is going to be gorgeous. I like the new pearls Lynsey picked to add.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1409773972|3744228 said:
cmd2014|1409773634|3744221 said:

cmd2014, I would love to see a group sandwich shot of all the new tahitian beauties. Again, I I can't keep up with you! Lucky Pearl Girl!

I will do that before I send them back in to be adjusted.

I did speak to Chenai, and they are going to send me a new metallic strand with a return receipt for the old one, and when I send that back in I'm going to include my multi-colour strand and my blue ones to have some pearls added to make them 18 inches (as the 17 is just a bit too short for my liking). So I should save a bit on the postage that way. Plus, they said that they would be able to put my new purchases in with the last strand that I bought, so I won't have to pay shipping for the new stuff....yeah!!!

I know, I went a bit wild with the Tahitian sale. When I add it all up part of me thinks that I should have gone for the long strand instead of all the short ones, but the other part of me says that I wear short strands a LOT more, and this gives me a ton of variety. Plus, Tahitians are my first and greatest pearl love. I could wear them every day and not get tired.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay, I'm with you. I could totally see that pearl on a solitaire strand. It's too bad none of those types came up in the loose lot.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I am in real pearl overload! Everyone's strands are amazing. I wore mine today to meet with a client...probably a mistake...she had that "I'm paying her too much" look in her eye! img_1105_3.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That's a good one! Gorgeous pearls. Where's our neckshot?!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pirard|1409787413|3744358 said:
I am in real pearl overload! Everyone's strands are amazing. I wore mine today to meet with a client...probably a mistake...she had that "I'm paying her too much" look in her eye! img_1105_3.jpg

Oh no! Next time tell her that they are faux! (Or hand her PP 's business card!). They are stunning though!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard - Beautiful pearls! And at least she noticed!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Frost Me - Yes I believe it's a combination of off rounds and drops. I love the colors, especially in some of the circle pearls!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1409830424|3744577 said:
Frost Me - Yes I believe it's a combination of off rounds and drops. I love the colors, especially in some of the circle pearls!

Me too, such great color range!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

gorgeous pearls, I would love a neck shot too!!!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409717114|3743839 said:
Fly Girl|1409707397|3743762 said:
cmd2014|1409706454|3743750 said:
Fly Girl, I was looking at 831 (and it is still there). Beautiful cherry overtones!
It's a beauty. I've been admiring it all month wondering why it didn't get grabbed. So, it's still there! :devil:

Must....resist....Tahitians! (Where's the sweaty withdrawal emoticon?). Although maybe they were in the blog wave too. :devil:

Mapo, beautiful strand! Can't wait for neck shots!

Ckrickett, I love your little mushroom pearl! So unique!

Frost me, your strand is gorgeous! How could you go wrong?

This was the best sale ever!

I have to say I'm surprised the harvest strands don't seem to be going fast with the new sale. Were too many people doing them in advance for August's sale maybe?

Thanks, he is a little love isn't he :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: I named him "Squattie" :naughty: :lol:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1409837679|3744654 said:

Thanks, he is a little love isn't he :rolleyes: :lol: :lol: I named him "Squattie" :naughty: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: A good name for him!

I am so busted!!! I swore to DH that I had not bought any more, and then confessed just the single loose pearl...only I forgot that I only told him about the one (oh what tangled webs we weave) and this morning I was so excited about the pendant fitting that I showed him both...and he said 'hey, I thought you said you only bought ONE". Doh! :doh:

It's a good thing my box of goodies is coming to the office! So far he doesn't know about the blue-green strand, the new silver-blue strand, or the earrings from the connoisseur sale...my plan had been to put them away for a while so that they looked a bit more spaced out in time...(not that he really cares, as it's my money, but I do feel a smidge of shame about my excessive shopping in this latest go round....I was in a frenzy!).

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1409847726|3744735 said:

I am so busted!!! I swore to DH that I had not bought any more, and then confessed just the single loose pearl...only I forgot that I only told him about the one (oh what tangled webs we weave) and this morning I was so excited about the pendant fitting that I showed him both...and he said 'hey, I thought you said you only bought ONE". Doh! :doh:

It's a good thing my box of goodies is coming to the office! So far he doesn't know about the blue-green strand, the new silver-blue strand, or the earrings from the connoisseur sale...my plan had been to put them away for a while so that they looked a bit more spaced out in time...(not that he really cares, as it's my money, but I do feel a smidge of shame about my excessive shopping in this latest go round....I was in a frenzy!).

Oh I completely understand! Mine doesn't know (he's not a huge jewelry fan) but I only use my money on jewelry and our money on things that we both enjoy (he does the same thing with tech... We have 3...THREE !!! 3D printers and a super large CBC router on the wAy!)

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1409776800|3744270 said:
Pkinnew, your 26” custom strand is beautiful. Chenai is so great to work with, isn’t she?

CMD, you made a nice final score. I am going with WG clasps. It helped to see the pictures of the 2 clasp colors next to the strand picture.

Fly Girl, you go girl! That is going to be a heck of a triple strand. Love those AAA drops. :love:

DMZ, glad to hear your wife is happy with her present. That’s a great photo – I can see why your wife would take it off to just stare at it.

Mapo, why fight it, lol. That’s a lovely strand with some really cool shaped pearls included.

Ckrickett, it’s a beautiful strand. So, what is the little guy’s name? The bi-color pearls are so cool.

Frost Me, sorry about your FIL. Your second strand is going to be gorgeous. I like the new pearls Lynsey picked to add.

Squattie! Like Scottie but squattie! :wacko:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1409863217|3744929 said:
cmd2014|1409847726|3744735 said:

Oh I completely understand! Mine doesn't know (he's not a huge jewelry fan) but I only use my money on jewelry and our money on things that we both enjoy (he does the same thing with tech... We have 3...THREE !!! 3D printers and a super large CBC router on the wAy!)

That's the way we do things too. I have my spending money, he has his, and we have a joint account for all the responsible things. But i have been too deeply ingrained in Scottish thriftiness to not feel a twinge of shame when I overspend on frivolous things (and the last 3 months have been a pearl-fest!). I looooove my purchases though, and have been wearing them daily. So I figure it's money well spent!

DH has been teasing me a bit. He's taken to calling me "Pearl-mo-doo" (or PMD for short), and keeps suggesting that I should change my online name to that.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Frost Me: I took some group shots of my Tahitians for you. The lighting is not great though (maybe I need a light box :devil: ). Here are the three strands I bought in this sale (the last one isn't here yet), plus the silver-blue Tahitians I bought earlier. The best light was on my cat's scratching post which we have by a North facing window, so forgive the bad carpet background!

_21981.jpg

_21982.jpg

_21983.jpg

_21984.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One last shot.

_21985.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1409922951|3745340 said:
One last shot.

Gosh, they are all really fantastic and work well together. I'm sure you are thrilled with your haul. I really love the silver circled baroque. The shorter green strand is really short, but I know your going to have adjusted to nest. Are you thinking about bringing some of them together in a future rope? You have a great collection started! Thanks for the pics.

As for nesting, choosing the right size of pearls to balance and adjust the length and color match can pose a challenge, but PP does it so well. My second strand started with 37 pearls when purchased, a few pearls were removed and then replaced, then I purchased two unldrilled pearls so I'm at 38 pearls that should achieve a length of 18 3/8 to 18 1/2 with half of the ball clasp included. I really appreciate the time and energy PP takes to ensure great results for their clients.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1409925710|3745364 said:
cmd2014|1409922951|3745340 said:
One last shot.

Gosh, they are all really fantastic and work well together. I'm sure you are thrilled with your haul. I really love the silver circled baroque. The shorter green strand is really short, but I know your going to have adjusted to nest. Are you thinking about bringing some of them together in a future rope? You have a great collection started! Thanks for the pics.

As for nesting, choosing the right size of pearls to balance and adjust the length and color match can pose a challenge, but PP does it so well. My second strand started with 37 pearls when purchased, a few pearls were removed and then replaced, then I purchased two unldrilled pearls so I'm at 38 pearls that should achieve a length of 18 3/8 to 18 1/2 with half of the ball clasp included. I really appreciate the time and energy PP takes to ensure great results for their clients.

I do too. They are super nice people.

I am really happy with my choices. Looking at them all together lets me see how lucky I was to manage to get all of them in cool tones (which works best for me). The differences between my two dark strands are subtle, which is nice because I can wear them together, but there is just enough tonal difference that I can see it IRL. I love the flashes of blue that the shorter strand offers, and I love the three large round pearls in the front. The other strand is just perfect in terms of how smooth, well matched, and blemish free the drops are. Plus, having them both gives me the option of shorter or longer strands, or once I get them adjusted, a double strand. :)) They are not as perfectly matched as you might do if you deliberately bought two strands together to wear as a double (given the colour and shape differences), but they are beautiful to me.

I think that if I ever decided to do a rope the two green/peacock strands and the multicoloured one would work well together in terms of colour, shape, and size. I'm not sure I'd ever do that though...I love them too much as shorter strands. If I wanted a rope I would probably save up to buy myself one that had been specifically done to work together, but I might change my mind on that. I have to admit that I have been drooling over the Kamoka pearl website. Out of reach for now....but you never know what the future may bring!

Yeah, the short green one and the multi-colour are very short. They have held firm around 17 inches, whereas my silver-blue one is 18 on the nose, so you can see the length difference in the pictures. I had hoped that the knots might stretch, but they haven't as much as I hoped. So PP is going to have me send them in to adjust them. The 18 inch silver-blue strand nests perfectly with the 20 inch one, so I think that if my short blue-green strand goes to 18 it will nest beautifully.

I also can't wait to see the new silver-blue baroque one. My hope is that the clasps will hook together so I can pair it with my existing silver-blue strand and either wear them as a rope or as a double strand. I guess it will depend on how close of a match they end up being. I love my silver-blue banded baroque strand. It's funny because I hated it when I first got it (I wanted to cry because it looked NOTHING like the glamour shot), but I love it now. It might be the one I wear the most. At some point I am going to call PP about getting some dangle earrings to match it, but for now it works well with some small WG textured hoops that I wear almost daily.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow...I just noticed how much the overtones pop in this picture. Suddenly I'm seeing the "intense peacock overtones" that both my dark strands were described as having. This is the first time I've seen the subtle peacock overtones on my silver-blue ones too. The power of pictures! I wonder if this is what other people see sometimes when I am wearing them and can't see them myself. I tend to only see them in the bathroom mirror or direct sunlight, which makes them look quite dark.

strands_together.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
That photo is gorgeous… I feel I see the peacock overtones when the strand is held vertical looking down on the drops as you are doing in the photo. It must be why Pearl Girls love their ropes! This has been mentioned many times that they can see the pearls when wearing them looking down on the overtones.

I too choose a circled baroque dark body with cherry my first purchase strand I think it is the 1130 on PP. I really liked it with a silver cherry darkness to it. My DH (darling husband) like it too until he saw the dark green drops then he was really excited. I agree, I could see grabbing the circled everyday. I am on the hunt for silvery, you were smart to get one on sale. :cheeky:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1409934094|3745457 said:
I too choose a circled baroque dark body with cherry my first purchase strand I think it is the 1130 on PP. I really liked it with a silver cherry darkness to it. My DH (darling husband) like it too until he saw the dark green drops then he was really excited. I agree, I could see grabbing the circled everyday. I am on the hunt for silvery, you were smart to get one on sale. :cheeky:

That's a beautiful one...but I think you really scored with your green drops. They are stunning! And also a better deal with the sale than 1130 is. Who knows...maybe 1130 will just hang out until you are ready for it!

If money was not a limiting factor, I'd want 1125 (the one beside it). I love the colours and the circling. I went back and forth between it and the one I bought, but in the end I worried that 1125 would be too dark and too green to match well with my silver-blue ones (and I want to wear them together). I also still love 831 (the smooth drops with cherry overtone).

Maybe another time....

Hmmm....can anyone else see me being an old woman surrounded by cats and strands of pearls?!?!?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
ckrickett|1409837487|3744651 said:

gorgeous pearls, I would love a neck shot too!!!

Here ya go!
img_1100_1.jpg img_1085.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
cmd, the new pictures are gorgeous! I love the variety of overtones and shapes. You are one lucky pearl girl!

piraud, the pearls look great on your neck! thanks for posting extra pictures. I especially love the teal blue-deep purplish pearl in the front. :love: :love: :love:

I just received my new t strand. I am in :love: I'm so glad my resistance crumbled. The colors and the luster are just wonderful.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone's pearls are GORGEOUS!!! I am seriously being distracted by their beauty.

And here is a shot with my edison strand from PP (12-15mm)... img_1116.jpg

img_5463.jpg

img_5462.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Top shot is with my edison strand, second shot is the "look down the pearls" and last shot is with my 10-11mm tin cup (which has a 3" extender with 8mm pearl, all perfectly round AAA) The pearls are all from Pearl Paradise

Also, I discovered that indoor LED lighting really shows the range of colors of the pearls...they seem to glow under this lighting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results