shape
carat
color
clarity

Potential Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

instructable

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''d appreciate any advice regarding a possible stone, thanks in advance. I''m limited in terms of budget ($4000 Canadian) and I''m simply super afraid of geting burned! Here is the info:

Cut: Ideal
Carat: 0.71
Colour: G
Clarity: VS1
Price: $3,480.00 (Canadian)
Measurements: 5.74x5.69x3.56
Depth %: 62.3%
Table %: 56.0%
Crown Angle: 35.50°
Pavilion Percentage: 43%
Girdle:
Culet: N
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: Faint
Clarity-Enhanced: NO
Canadian: YES

The certificate is from EGL.

Again, thanks to anyone who can help me out in getting a nice stone for my lady.

Mark

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, here goes. First, I don''t care for the depth. More depth means less of the weight to show in size up top where it matters. I am also not a fan of EGL. I prefer AGS and GIA in that order. They tend to grade a little stricter. That''s not to mean you can''t find a great deal on EGL. Their certs tend to trade at a discount over the other two labs because of the reputation to grade a little soft. If it''s EGL USA, the diamond is worth seeing. If it''s EGL anyplace else, no go.

Have you seen it? Is it sparkly. That is after all a diamond''s only job (sparkle). Look at it in all different lighting environments. Jeweler''s lights are pretty, but even a dog will look pretty under them. Unless you are going to attach a halogen to her ring finger, it needs to perform in more normal lighting. HTH

shay

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 4:36:06 PM
Author: Shay37
Okay, here goes. First, I don''t care for the depth. More depth means less of the weight to show in size up top where it matters. I am also not a fan of EGL. I prefer AGS and GIA in that order. They tend to grade a little stricter. That''s not to mean you can''t find a great deal on EGL. Their certs tend to trade at a discount over the other two labs because of the reputation to grade a little soft. If it''s EGL USA, the diamond is worth seeing. If it''s EGL anyplace else, no go.

Have you seen it? Is it sparkly. That is after all a diamond''s only job (sparkle). Look at it in all different lighting environments. Jeweler''s lights are pretty, but even a dog will look pretty under them. Unless you are going to attach a halogen to her ring finger, it needs to perform in more normal lighting. HTH

shay
My thoughts exactly! Depth is too deep IMO and you are losing size there. I''d pass on this one.
I have an EGL graded diamond and it''s great but knowing what I know now I''d tred lightly when buying one of their stones. You can find a great stone from them I''m sure but just do lots of homework and find a great depth/table/angle combo that is going to give you the best bang for your buck! Good luck

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes I''d pass, it''s too deep. I''d stick with an AGS or GIA graded stone. Good luck!!
1.gif

instructable

Rough_Rock

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback. After hearing so many different lines from salespeople here in Toronto, I''m happy to hear some "real" feedback.

The certificate is from EGL USA (I verified the laser engraved number and the mapped inclusion while I viewed the stone under a loupe). The stone does have great fire under the jewellers lights...I guess I''m just not feeling knowledgable enough to make a judgment call.

Thanks again,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results