shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your favorite local B&M jeweler...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
Given how many of us have issues finding local B&M people to set stones that we''ve bought on the internet, I thought that it would be useful to have a thread where people could recommend the local jewelers they use...

Me, I split my time b/w NYC and Boston.

In the Boston area, I''ve used TC Jewelers in Arlington based on a rec from the board and was very satisfied with their price and their work.

In NYC, I don''t have a guy, but when I''ve been setting calibrated stones I''ve gone to the diamond district, bought the settings directly from the finding booths down there, then asked around to find a stone-setter who''s willing to do the work. If its a simple calibrated stone you can find people within 10-15 min who will set the stone for $25-$35, and I''m sure you could do better than me since I''m obviously clueless and getting quoted high prices.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh this is a great thread. I hope someone chimes in from the Atlanta area.

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I like Marquis Jewelers in SE Michigan. The owner is a wonderful man.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Broomfield Jewelers in Broomfield, Co. Great work and great prices on mounting, prong re-tipping, etc. I haven''t priced the jewelry they sell, though.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to TC Jewelers in Arlington, MA.

dzop

Shiny_Rock
There are only 3 people on this forum who have a B&M jeweler they use to set stones? The mind boggles.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baxter''s in Warwick RI, Alan Soule in Franklin/Tilton NH, and von Bargans in Hanover NH

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Quest Jewelers in Fairfax, VA!

dzop

Shiny_Rock
Oooo. Very much not a fan of Von Bargens. Had friends with a very bad experience there.

xlent

Rough_Rock
Mark Sherwood Sherwood Jewelers Cottonwood AZ

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really? I''ve only ever heard good things about them.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Xlent, good to know! I''m from Chandler and thus far the options around my area are not good.

xlent

Rough_Rock
Chandler..now you have another reason to visit the Sedona redrocks and the Verde Valley. I think Sherwoods is open Saturday.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I live in San Francisco and I found two places through the gemologist at Lang Antiques ( she also has a gemstone forum). She mentioned DelBonta jewelers for repairs and small jobs and Webber and sons for custom. I have now been to both but not for custom work. They each did good work and have very reasonable prices.
They are in the Shreve building downtown accross from the Debeers store one floor apart. Delbonta is a slightly friendlier place and he actually has Nancy Pelosi''s pearls re strung which is kind of cool.

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
I use Nasr Jewellers in the Dallas area. Claude at the Garland branch is amazing to work with but they''re closing that one and moving him to their Lewisville location. I believe they have five locations all over the metroplex.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also in Dallas, I use JB Jewelers in Plano. Aldamar is awesome, and he''s getting so great with translating my need for claw prongs to his benchman!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
When I lived in Jersey - Forrest Jewelers in Princeton. In AZ, I got nobody.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/25/2010 1:44:22 PM
Author: vc10um
Quest Jewelers in Fairfax, VA!
What does Quest typically charge to set stones? I hear such mixed things about them but I need a good jeweler.
Right now I use L.A. Roberts in Martinsburg WV (not like any of you live out there) they are reasonable but so very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results