shape
carat
color
clarity

Post Wedding Weight Gain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
So..I''ve been married for 16 months now and I''ve gain about 15lbs since my wedding. I''m so frustrated because I don''t want to be "that person" who gets married and starts gaining weight. My husband has gained weight too so at least we are in the same boat...

Did this happen to anyone else? Any advice?

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
anyone??

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I've been married a month and a half or so and I've put on a couple pounds already.
7.gif
That was due to some circumstances not related to the wedding, but I am scared that if I don't get it under control now that I'll never get back to what I used to be.

I'm average sized (size 6 ish depending on clothing/designer/style/etc) but maintaining weight has always been a struggle. I've never been one to eat whatever I wanted with no consequences, and it's getting even harder and harder as I age - and I'm only 27 next week! I definitely need to cut back on food intake (even if I don't eat bad food, which I never do anyway) and up my activity level (which is fairly active as it is).

I wish you luck, because I know how hard it is!

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Oooohh yes. A bit more than 15 lbs though, and 6 years later it''s still there, it''s not a great problem though.

If your ''wedding weight'' was your normal weight, then do something about it now, don''t wait and let even more creep on. It''s really easy to enjoy spending time together over nice homemade meals or dining out with wine etc, but you need to get into a sustainable healthy routine. Why don''t you both try eating very healthily and exercising together during the week and treating yourselves to a nice meal on the weekend? Have a good critical look at your weekday meals, buy some healthy cookbooks if you need to. Shop and plan ahead so you have the ingredients for healthy meals in the house to limit takeout. Try to do something active together on the weekend like hiking or cycling.

However, if you dieted like mad before the wedding to be a super slim bride, then maybe this is just your body getting back to the weight it wants to be.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
My wedding weight was actually a little over my normal weight. I just didnt loose it all in time. But I still felt good about how I looked then. Me and my husband both LOVE to cook so its so hard to eat healthy....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is probably a common occurance probably like most freshman gain 10 pounds their first year of college. Maybe cut back on fats, sugar and go for an evening walk; that will get a few pounds off pretty painlessly.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
I gained 15 pounds since my wedding in August 2007. I buckled down and lost it all just in time to get pregnant...
20.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so with you, girl!

We''ll be married one year in July and I''ve gained about seven pounds. I was in denial about it all winter, but the weight gain just became very real because I couldn''t find a dress in my closet that fit me right for a quince we went to this past Saturday. I actually cried because I was so shocked that my dresses were all a bit too snug.

I know I gained the weight because I''ve been working out less and cooking more since we married, and I really want to stop these bad habits asap. Now that it''s nice outside I''ve been exercising more, so hopefully that will help.

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/25/2009 6:18:03 PM
Author: White Orchid
I gained 15 pounds since my wedding in August 2007. I buckled down and lost it all just in time to get pregnant...
20.gif
Thats what Im worried about. I dont plan on getting pregnant for a while but I cant 100% control that either. Ideally I''ll loose the weight and be able to enjoy it a little before I get pregnant...

PrincessPeach

Rough_Rock
My hubby and I have been married for a little over nine months and since the big day I''ve managed to gain about 7-ish lbs. We have enjoyed cooking and baking...sooooo...that probably explains most of it. Granted, I have a considerably curvy body to begin with (I''m Greek for goodness sake!), so I wouldn''t look too great being ultra thin. I''ve managed to lose about 3 lbs so far by eating less and only when hungry, really. And portion control is key! And water, water, water!!! Hope that helps.

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
This has happened to almost everyone I know. I really thought it would never happen to me, but guess what, it happens to the best of us!

For me, I don''t think I was eating much more ar exercising much less, but I just think the stress of the wedding helped keep off the weight for me. Once all the stress was gone, the lbs seemed to creep on.

In the 6 months after I got married, I gained 10 lbs. Then I got pregnant. I won''t even mention how much weight I''ve gained since then
1.gif

I would definitely try to lose it now. Thinking about losing my baby weight is an even more daunting task, since I''ll have those extra 10 lbs of "post-wedding" weight to lose, too.

I suggest maybe starting a new workout class, or training for a 5K, or something similar. For many, boredom = weight gain, so just try to keep yourself busy.

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
I''m in the same boat as you... i have gained weight since i started living with my fiancee. He''s gained heaps of weight as well. i think that you should have a heart to heart with your partner, tell him that you want to lose this weight you''ve gained and ask for his support.

I think it makes it easier when your partner is aware of your situation and if he can help you out in any way, he would. Always encourage each other to be healthier, and you can even exercise together. Going for a jog or a walk with your partner is fun!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been married for 3 years and have gained about 10 pounds that are stubborn & won''t come off (I went from a size 6 to an 8). Even though I work out all the time, I cook dinner every night for all 3 of us (we have a son) and so we eat more regular meals than I used to when I was single. It''s hard to just eat a small salad for dinner when you''ve made pork chops for your husband and child ... However, I also have Hashimoto''s & was recently diagnosed with PCOS, so I''ve really put on this 10 pounds only in the past year - plus I''m taking fertility drugs - so I think that for me, part of the weight gain is medical. But it''s true that family eating habits can make it difficult to maintain your weight - married people eat more than singles.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I rarely get over to this forum, but I had to comment because I''m in the same boat as the rest of you. I gained 8-ish pounds when FI and moved in together. At the time I said it was stress with work, but now I see that it''s because of how much I eat at dinner now. FI eats a *ton* of food and is thin as a rail, so I end up making huge dinners and eating too much (even though they''re healthy). It''s hard to have just a little plate when FI has two giant plate fulls.

I''ve never successfully lost weight due to exercise (I think I just eat more because it makes me hungry), but I''ve lost a lot simply by changing my diet, so I know what I need to do ... it''s just hard because when I''m stressed, I want to eat! I just love food and though I eat healthy, I know I eat too much.

I find having a routine really helps. I''m someone who can eat the same thing every day if I like it (for a few months), so I try to find something I like and stick with it. In college, I lost a bunch of weight by having cereal for breakfast, a small bagel (the Lender''s kind, not a big bakery one) with cream cheese for lunch, and a ham and cheese wrap for dinner with a banana and peanut butter. I deviated sometimes, but it was so easy to just eat the same thing every day and not worry about food choices. I''m trying to get back into that now. I know it''s not a good plan for everyone, but for me, too much variety while I''m cutting back just doesn''t help.

Good luck to everyone else figuring out what works for you.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I think living with a man makes you gain weight. Period! It is just a fact of life! UGH!

Just try changing your eating habits and start with some exercise 2-3 days a week and see if that makes a difference. I had the same problem, and didn't want to be the heavy newlywed, and I made it a point that a year from the day we were married that I was going to try my dress on and it had better not be snug!!! It wasn't, thank god, since I started better eating habits and working out 3 months after the wedding.

Try incorporating some healither recipes when you guys cook, and don't tell your hubby it's lowfat and I bet you he won't be able to tell the difference! heehee!

I guess what they say is true though, if you put on weight together you must be the happy couple
5.gif

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Hahaha, me too! Gained about 10. It is awful....no clue how to stop it (I mean, I do have a clue, but I have health issues that make working out hard, and slight depression issues that make not eating fatty yummy food hard!).

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies.

Okay, I''ve decided to wage war on this post-wedding weight gain. It''s gotten to the point where I''m uncomfortable wearing pants that I fit into just a few months ago, and that just feels awful.

As of Monday, I''ve cut out all soda (which I drank on the weekends) and fried foods from my diet. I also started working out with my old pal Billy Blanks, whose Tae Bo tapes helped me lose my freshman 15 all those years ago when I was in college.

I''ve been walking the dog for a couple miles each day, but I know I should be eating less and moving more, so that''s all going to start now.

Who''s with me?!

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
I got married August 2007, I have gained 10 -15 pounds. I think its mainly because I quite smoking 7 months ago today!!!! I''m happy I quite while I am still young (20) but that is when I started to gain weight. I also am working more,I don''t feel like cooking after an 8 or 9 hour work day.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 2:13:13 PM
Author: Rosebud8506
I think living with a man makes you gain weight. Period! It is just a fact of life! UGH!
Yup. For over a year, my husband and I have been eating the same breakfast and dinner -- and he eats more than I do for lunch. I go to the gym; his only exercise is the walks/runs we do together. And yet, he''s lost weight, and I''ve gained it.

So unfair!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results