shape
carat
color
clarity

Post-purchase usefulness of Idealscope/rate this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
After doing some research, I purchased the following round brilliant diamond on Wednesday from bluenile:

Carat weight: 1.66
Cut: Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: VS2

Depth %: 61.6%
Table %: 58%
Crown: 34.5
Pavilion: 41.0
Symmetry: Very good
Polish: Very good
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium
Measurements: 7.57 x 7.62 x 4.68 mm

http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?track=diamond_comparison&elem=img&pid=LD01170935&filter_id=0

However, this was before I discovered this forum
40.gif
(although I used the HCA (score of 2), I figured no one really posted in the fora...imagine my surprise when I returned!).

Fortunately, bluenile has a generous return policy, and after reading through threads for the past couple of days I have two questions:

A.) Does this seem like a good diamond for the price? ($14450 with the $150 discount)
B.) Would it be worth my purchasing an idealscope at this point? I ordered the diamond to be set in the basic 6-prong solitaire setting, so my first time seeing it will be in that form, and I'm not sure how useful the idealscope will be.

Thanks!
19.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I don't know how it looks...yet. I will find out on Thursday
19.gif
. But before I bought, I did a search using the tool you linked to, and the only similar diamonds noticeably cheaper were certified by EGL, which I gather is not as reputable as GIA and AGSL.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 6:25:52 PM
Author:HEPennypacker

A.) Does this seem like a good diamond for the price? ($14450 with the $150 discount)
B.) Would it be worth my purchasing an idealscope at this point? I ordered the diamond to be set in the basic 6-prong solitaire setting, so my first time seeing it will be in that form, and I''m not sure how useful the idealscope will be.

Thanks!
19.gif
a) yes...pretty favorably priced comapred to comparables here.
b) Idealscopes are very workable in setting. Especially since you''re in your return period...I''d say go for it. Further...because you might like to play with it beyond. Either way...it''s inexpensive & useful.

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/24/2007 7:22:58 PM
Author: Regular Guy
a) yes...pretty favorably priced comapred to comparables here.

b) Idealscopes are very workable in setting. Especially since you''re in your return period...I''d say go for it. Further...because you might like to play with it beyond. Either way...it''s inexpensive & useful.

Great. I think I will order one this weekend.

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
So I got the idealscope on Tuesday (kudos to Accredited Gem Appraisers for super-fast shipping) and the diamond today. I''ve been messing around with the idealscope and camera all night. Here is the best image I got. How does it look?:

IdealScopeCropPost.JPG

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
No one? Should I take the silence as a sign that I bought a dud?
40.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks good to me, and a HCA score of 2 is a good one! I''m sure people who are more experty than me will weigh in soon enough.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2007 7:45:48 AM
Author: HEPennypacker
No one? Should I take the silence as a sign that I bought a dud?
40.gif
No not at all, it looks good!! How does it look in brighter light and daylight? Check it out in as many different lights as you can to get a good feel for it''s personality!

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Looks good to me based on other ones I have seen. You did good now take it to the grocery store and see how it sparkles there! You will be in love, I love going grocery shopping just to look at my ring!
emotion-5.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great. Have you checked out the stone under different lighting (sunlight, fluorescent, etc).

HEPennypacker

Rough_Rock
The sun actually came out today, so I took it outside. Fire and scintillation look great to me. So I think it''s a keeper unless someone finds fault with the idealscope image, proportions, or something. Thanks to everyone who has replied so far!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good! Wouldn''t worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results