shape
carat
color
clarity

Positive elopement stories?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagecushion

Shiny_Rock
First post here. Hi everyone
35.gif

I''m not sure if this post belongs in the brides section. I was hoping to get some perspectives from people who''ve already eloped and had a positive (or negative, though positive would be good!) experience.

Background: After thinking long and hard, my fiance and I have decided that we want to elope. There are so many reasons for this, but the main one is that we are so busy! This is the first vacation we''ve had in years and originally the plan was to settle on a wedding date and to make arrangements but we''re realizing that after another tough year (both in school in demanding programs among other things) we''d be looking at taking minimum time off, getting married, and recovering from the stress of the ceremony before plunging right back into our crazy schedules.

Of course, an elopement was always the most appealing option. A week or two in one of our favorite places in the world? Sign me up. Avoiding family stress? Ditto. Finally getting married which was all we wanted in the first place? Sounds great! But we don''t want hurt feelings. So my question is, does eloping = alienating family and friends? Our friends are supportive but I can''t guess how our families will react.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I'm sure that Surfgirl will chime in- she eloped last summer.

do a search for her pics- just FABULOUS!

oh... welcome to PS!
35.gif

vintagecushion

Shiny_Rock
Chargergrrl, thanks!

I just looked - wow indeed!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
You''re welcome!

BTW- there''s a eloping vs. wedding thread going on in the LIW forum. i''m sure you''ll get some points of view there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results