shape
carat
color
clarity

Portuguese Cut Diamond for Engagement Ring

flood

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

I am looking for a 1.5c Portuguese cut earth-mined diamond for an engagement ring, no diamond jeweler I have spoken to has even heard of this cut for diamonds.

I am aware this cut is used for gems, but I wanted to get the forum's thoughts on using this cut on a ring.

Any feedback or opinions are helpful.

Thanks!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
It's going to sparkle around the edge like crazy and flash on and off in the middle. While round, it will perform differently from a round brilliant cut. JMO.

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I found a couple rings through searching old forum posts. The other concern with this particular cut is that it is much deeper than traditional round brilliant cut diamonds so it may be difficult to find a setting (and would need a custom setting) and possibly sit quite high on the finger.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
That's neat-looking!

Price Scope is great because I'm always learning something new here.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been able to find many mined examples, but I did find some lab diamond examples

I think it would be a case of buying a diamond and having it recut being a possible avenue or asking a diamond dealer to source one. Definitely a special order stone in mined, I would think.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
The cut makes no sense for the high ri of diamond.
It is designed to add life to low ri materials while countering tilt windowing to some extent.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you considered a Crown of Light or Jubliee cut? IMO the Crown of Light would be closest visually but no idea how they compare numbers-wise.

Anyways, just throwing it out there as another option.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results