shape
carat
color
clarity

Pork Barrel Database

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I saw this on TV this morning and had to check it out. It''s a non-partisan group that researches pork barrel spending and earmarks. Thought some of you might find it interesting. Database - Citizens Against Government Waste Plug in your favorite senator or house rep and check out their spending totals!
2.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Interesting and confusing. The research into olive flies seems super specious and how much money did Alaska get to keep the Russians out, yowzahs!, but money for planting trees and building public theaters? Is that "pork" or funding public spaces for enlightenment and discourse? I know libertarians and others are against govt money being spent on public art and such...but man I love my library, need the public parks, and enjoy things like paved roads, sewers, bridges that don''t collapse. That list surprisingly didn''t include the big dig here in boston. It went over by billions. Thank you Teddy for getting it paid for, but why not fund public transportation so that we don''t need so many roads?

Thanks for posting Sarah, I''m just confused about what technically makes something pork, and what is needed? Like, pork to someone, rehabilitated riverfront that cuts down on crime and brings in industry to others. Perhaps pork is in the eye of the beholder?

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
I agree swimmer..I looked up my state and was going through it and I was like okay money for these roads or for this or that. Some of the stuff is important, but I guess it''s technically pork? It is confusing! It''s also a ton of zeroes.
6.gif
22.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results