shape
carat
color
clarity

Popping the question, need opinions on diamond!! X

craiguk

Rough_Rock
That did sound good. I've heard good things about them. It's probably worth giving the guy a call tomorrow and tell him what you're after. I'm sure he'll look after you. He may also have stock that's not in the website.

danielbaldry

Rough_Rock
Yeah good idea, I'll give them a call and see what they say. I'll have another look tomorrow and try and upload some pictures of what I've seen. Thanks mate

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately there are a lot of lurkers here, so when someone posts a 'wow this one is great!' diamond, they often get snatched up right away. If you are working with someone there, you can just post the photos & dimensions without the link (or put it on hold if you love it) and the folks here can validate the info for you :) Then you can either release the hold or buy it.

drruby

Shiny_Rock
My advice on E Rings is the same as my advice to kids trying to decide what areas of law they need to be in today with a future.

I say play the numbers, with divorce rates now 60% or worse, most E ring buyers end up needing a good divorce lawyer.

I also like colored on E Rings more than carbon, but a nice piece of carbon is what most want.

I hear the divorce ratios are way smaller for couples that go colored over carbon.

Maybe it's how they view the world is based on more than hype, they don't believe the De Beers PR on carbon and understand the whole E Ring phenomena can be traced to the 1930's when De Beers got a slick Madison avenue PR firm to create the whole demand for carbon in E Rings.

Prior to that almost no one gave an E Ring and the few that did were usually from wealthier families and they passed along colored gem heirlooms.

So you may want to ask your special one what she thinks about colored gems over common carbon and if she has a preference.

If she likes colored stones, you may end up with a real gem and not have to use a divorce lawyer like most carbon buyers of E Rings need today.

danielbaldry

Rough_Rock
She likes the traditional silver/white gold band with a round diamond. I think I have found one that seems pretty good but not too sure. I've emailed the company and explained what I want, they're looking into it, however their replies aren't the greatest, and now I'm paranoid about sending links and pictures in case of any lurches [emoji30][emoji23]

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post the photos (save them and upload them, no links) and the relevant dimensions/info. You should be fine that way.

danielbaldry

Rough_Rock
Haven't got the picture of the diamond yet. But this one is £1100 for the diamond.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441734773.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441734788.jpg

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Daniel,

You'll notice the HCA rating said 1.3 excellent within BIC range rather than TIC (tolkowsky ideal cut). These are stones that tend to have lots of brilliance (white light return) and wide spread. The trade off is that with a crown angle of 32 you are likely to sacrifice some of the 'disco ball effect' known as scintillation and fire. If you aim for an HCA excellent within TIC range that may be better for you. The best thing is to go to a local jewellers and look at as many stones as you can to begin to understand the different feel these diamonds have.

As a safe bet for searching, try to find diamonds with a crown angle between 34-35, pavilion angle 40.6-40.8
(or 41), table 54-58, depth 60-62.3 and you'll have a lot more people here complimenting you on your excellent proportioned diamond.

An eye clean SI1 or rarely an si2 (almost impossible without photography and videos) represent good bargains without compromise to the naked eye.

Good luck with your search and I'll try look some for you if a get a chance

danielbaldry

Rough_Rock
Right, after searching the numbers and the TIC you said I have found this. How does it sound to you?

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441791786.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1441791798.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post the crown angle and the pavilion angle? Depth and table look okay so far.

From the photo I am a bit concerned about the inclusions however. Is it an SI1 or SI2? Please be sure to ask the vendor to look at the diamond and assess whether or not it is eye clean and from what distance. Ie, is it eye clean from 6 inches or 12 inches? If the vendor cannot see the diamond (i.e., they are a drop shipper), then you are taking a risk that the inclusions will be visible. This goes for SI stones. Going to a VS2 will eliminate this problem, but it may not be in budget for you.

danielbaldry

Rough_Rock
All the information is there mate. The inclusions worried me too. But it's eye clean, I'll ask about how many inches. Yeah I think VS might just be a little too much. Will have a look though.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1442096820.jpg

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The proportions and angles look great. Put it on hold if you are serious about it since the GIA report number is visible.

I think it will be a beautiful looking stone if it's eye clean.

Oh and if you're looking at a VS2 just to see what's out there, could you go down to a G to stay in budget? Forgive me if you are firm on an F and I missed that.

danielbaldry

Rough_Rock
This stone has all the stats I want, I'm just not sure about that picture, looks dirty to me (but I'm clueless lol) I don't mind going down to a G. There are G's with the same specs that are more expensive than the F's, it's so confusing! If this one is eye clean from 6 and 12 inches, how sparkly do you think it'll be with them stats? Thanks

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I think it looks "dirty" to you due to the inclusions. There isn't an inclusion plot on the GIA report I pulled up so it's hard to tell if those are the twinning wisps or what. The thing about it is, you really have to see it with your eyes to tell if the inclusions are affecting the brilliance of the stone. Is there a gemologist with the vendor who can personally review the stone for you? This is a great option if you can't view it yourself.

The sparkle and brilliance is going to come from the cut more than anything else. Are you saying you found G, SI1 stones that were more expensive than the F, SI1 stone you posted? Look at dimensions when comparing stones of similar carat weight. One may be priced a tad more because it's spreadier than another with the same carat weight. Types of inclusions could make a difference in price as well.

danielbaldry

Rough_Rock
Yeah, my search is for an SI1, F or G and some G's are more expensive than some F's must be due to what you said. Not sure if they have a gemologist, not sure how the company works, they basically have loads of different diamonds, you choose your diamond and band and they create it for you. Not sure how much the sales people know about each diamond. But this place is so much cheaper than the high street shops in my area and you get a lot more for your money. If I can find out about the 6 or 12 inch eye clean and it's done with both or the 6 and is eye clean, would you recommend this stone for £1599? 18k white gold band included, thanks

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can call and see if they have these diamonds in house. By the model you explained I'm guessing they do not so probably no gemologist. I wouldn't put too much stock in the sales person, plus they likely can't view it so they don't know much more than we do.

Are you in the UK? Someone else I helped bought from Bluenile. They have some nice simple settings that are affordable too. Just a thought, maybe you've already looked.

I think if it's eye clean, then it's probably a lovely stone. The only thing I would do personally, is to make sure they have a solid return policy for at least 14 days (preferably 30 days). This is for your protection as you are spending a fair amount of money. If for any reason the diamond or setting is not to your satisfaction (or your GF's), then you can return it no questions asked. I believe BN has this policy.

http://www.bluenile.com/uk/diamond-details/LD05817656

http://www.bluenile.com/uk/diamond-details/LD06266681

http://www.bluenile.com/uk/build-your-own-ring/classic-four-claw-solitaire-engagement-ring-18k-white-gol_7215?elem=title&track=product

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did a quick search at 77diamonds and found this option. The setting you like will put you right around 1600 pounds I think. The proportions are very nice on this stone. Point is, I think you may be able to find some nice VS2's in budget if you desire.

GRADING RESULTS
Diamond Code RBILZXANPDSN
Cert. Number 6167601279
Shape Round
Weight 0.50
Colour F
Clarity VS2

DIAMOND PRICE
Choosen Diamond £ 1,099.44
VAT £ 219.89
Total Price £ 1,319.33

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results