shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: what kind of band(s) do you wear, and when?

What kind of band (wedding or otherwise) do you wear, and for how much of the day?

• Other

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Plain band, I wear it the vast majority of the time (take it off for sleep/shower/other)

• Plain band, I wear it only when I leave the house

• Band with diamonds/gemstones, I wear it the vast majority of the time

• Band with diamonds/gemstones, I wear it only when I leave the house

• Just show me the results!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We've talked about this before but I thought a poll format would give lurkers a chance to weigh in, as well
2.gif
As always, feel free to elaborate!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Part of why I'm wondering is that I would LOVE to have a plain jane wedding band, that I never ever need to take off for safety or cleaning reasons (or swollen pregnant fingers, for that matter). However, I have yet to find a width/shape that actually looks nice with my e-ring (haven't had the opportunity to try on a carved band--yet), but 3-4 diamond band possibilities that I LOVE!

So I'm curious, mostly, how many of you (if any!!) do wear diamond bands at all times.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love that last option. Brilliant.
9.gif

I really did vote though.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
My plain band has recently become the center of everything. I'm always switching around, though. Sometimes I stack with diamond bands, with white gold six band rolling ring, with e-ring. I switch a few times a day!

I do wear a channel set diamond band most often. Along with my plain band, it's the most comfy.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted "Other" because my diamond ring looks weird w/any band.
7.gif
Maybe someday I will find the perfect diamond band to be paired w/my diamond ring.
Idunno1.gif

I do wear a plain wg band when I am not comfortable (for various reasons) wearing my diamond ring (that is usually approx 5% of the time).

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear...this thread surely will be Mary Alaina out of hiding...she is the LEADER OF THE BAND....he he. Would be interesting to learn her reply. §

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I picked, "Band with diamonds/gemstones, I wear it at all times " but I need to clarify, because it is not what most would think of when you say, "Band with diamonds/gemstones". It is more like a plain band. It has carving and little diamonds set inside such that it feels very smooth and really is more like wearing a plain band. So it probably doesn''t count. I also picked it mainly for this reason; I wanted to be able to wear it all the time, and I can. I am like the princess and the pea when it comes to sleeping with jewelry on, but I can even wear it to bed.

Anyway, this is all probably totally irrelevant, since it''s not the type of band that would go with your beautiful e-ring.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 8:20:19 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Oh dear...this thread surely will be Mary Alaina out of hiding...she is the LEADER OF THE BAND....he he. Would be interesting to learn her reply. §
Har!! Good one, oh Queen of Quips.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 8:26:18 PM
Author: Ellen

Har!! Good one, oh Queen of Quips.
9.gif
31.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have a diamond wedding ring that I usually take off when I get home. The reason is that I have a Tiffany Lucida plain band that I almost never wear outside of the house and I feel badly for it sitting in the box, so I wear it at home to make it feel better
9.gif
But I don''t wear any ring 24/7, esp. when showering, washing my face, or doing dishes. I hate the feeling of wet rings, and they spin like mad.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My w-band is a 2mm half-eternity bezel band with tiny 1-pointers. I had it made thicker on the bottom, plain part because I want to wear it 24/7. So, I plan to do just that!

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock

Can I answer: yes, yes and yes???

I''ve got them all- plain, diamond, yellow gold, white gold, platinum, channel set, bead set, shared prong, round, square. A girl has to have OPTIONS!
9.gif

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My wedding band (as in band I was married with) is plain, but I have a diamond band as well. When I recently lost weight and needed to go down 3/4 size, I kept my plain band at the old size for if/when I swell when pregnant. The downside is that now I don''t have a plain band for jogging or yardwork. I rarely wear my diamond band without my engagement ring because I figure, hey, I am already wearing diamonds, why not go all out . . .

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
since i have no diamond ring for the time being, I wear a 5mm plain band 24/7.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
All rings come off when I''m at home.

When I/we go out (dinner, movies, grocery shopping, etc.) I wear my wedding and engagement rings and sometimes a combo including my plain band just for fun.

At work I wear a plain white gold band (I don''t know how many mm it is).

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I wore my diamond band and e-ring every day without taking it off (more or less), but then there were all these situations that freaked me out: hot tubbing, cooking, cleaning, showering (our new place has one of those "down to the depths of nowhere" open drains), working out (take it off and leave it locked in a locker? don''t take it off?), traveling... so I decided I wanted an every day band, which DH gave me for Xmas.

It''s been ohhh what, 3 weeks since then? So far, I love having the everyday band. First, I''m not cleaning my e-ring as much (or looking down and saying "Ewww! You need to be cleaned!!") since I''ve pretty much been only wearing my wedding set when I''m going somewhere. My band is a comfort fit and it is sooooooo comfy - I wear it on sweatshirt and jeans days, to the gym, in the kitchen...and in winter it is SO nice because I can put on lotion whenever I want!! With the dry air/dry skin, DH and I have both been taking our rings off at night, too. Before we were married, I hated the idea of taking my ring off at all (I never took my e-ring off), but I don''t know...it makes sense for me now.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 8:49:27 PM
Author: MaryAlaina

Can I answer: yes, yes and yes???

I''ve got them all- plain, diamond, yellow gold, white gold, platinum, channel set, bead set, shared prong, round, square. A girl has to have OPTIONS!
9.gif
ta da....thank you....thank uuuuu.......and for my next number...
9.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Mine''s a 2.5mm carved, milgrained platinum band. It looks and feels sturdy, but is still pretty, and I have no qualms about wearing it pretty much anywhere. I take it off to sail but that''s about it. Eventually I want a matching band with scattered flush set/burnished diamonds and sapphires. That''s gonna have to wait though!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
As you know from the other thread, I just got a 3mm plain plat Lucida wband for sports, sailing, gardening, traveling, etc. I''ve been wearing it since Xmas nearly everyday with my diamond eternity band that I got married in and I love it. It''s also REALLY great for making my ering look way bigger when I go back and put it on!
31.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
If I was Mary Alaina, I would get a headache just deciding which one to wear today!

Personally, I have a 3/4 diamond eternity channel set band with engraving and milgraining. Wear it everyday. We plan to get a similiar band with sapphires/diamonds as an anniversary ring to go with the w-band at some point in the future.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

When I worked general duty, I wore the y/g wedding band I got married with for the first 10 years or so. Got tired of that 3mm square look, and had a 24K 1.5mm round wedding band made. Wore that endlessly then bought a 1mm round platinum band and wore it with the 24K. I like the plain two tone look. On occasion I''d wear my old eternity ring with my plain platinum band to work. Now the only time I only wear my wedding bands is when I come home and take my ER off--which I wear alone. Often I am ringless at home and forget to put on my wedding bands.

cheers--Sharon

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I voted plain band worn all the time, but my band isn''t really plain.
It has a lovely engraved design bordered with millgrain. It''s actually quite substanial since the original it''s based on was a man''s wedding band. The band is sloped so the top portion is narrower than the part against my skin, and the band is extremely comfortable. It''s in palladium so while it''s not heavy like platinum, it''s also barely showing any wear at all! (I must say that the color is a perfect match to my antique plat e-ring)
5.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my combo:

Most of the day/week I wear my plain 3mm heavy comfort fit plat wedding band. It''s SO comfy (or as Mrs.NJo says "feels creamy"!), doesn''t sang winter gloves, I never worry about scratching my kids and if I''ve forgotten to take it off when I bathe them or clean the house, it''s no biggie!

But when I got out, whether its with friends, alone with DH or I just want to wear more bling, I wear my soldered wedding set- e-ring solitare and diamond wedding band.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I love all bands! I''ve started wearing my e-ring and shared prong half-eternity nearly every day, but I still wear my tri-colored rolling ring on my left hand sometimes. I''ll wear it plain or with the eternity band. I also recenty bought a fake sapphire and diamond eternity band from QVC just to see if I''d like it with my e-ring and diamond eternity band before I took the plunge and bought a real one, so I''ve been playing with that band, too.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 8:10:52 PM
Author: musey
Part of why I'm wondering is that I would LOVE to have a plain jane wedding band, that I never ever need to take off for safety or cleaning reasons (or swollen pregnant fingers, for that matter). However, I have yet to find a width/shape that actually looks nice with my e-ring (haven't had the opportunity to try on a carved band--yet), but 3-4 diamond band possibilities that I LOVE!

So I'm curious, mostly, how many of you (if any!!) do wear diamond bands at all times.
Musey, I wear my 7-stone wedding band (and my 3-stone e-ring) all the time. I only remove it to shower; it bathes while I do.
2.gif

I've been wearing it for 3.5 years now, and no problems with that.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/16/2008 4:08:06 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady

I also recenty bought a fake sapphire and diamond eternity band from QVC just to see if I''d like it with my e-ring and diamond eternity band before I took the plunge and bought a real one, so I''ve been playing with that band, too.
Hah, so did I! which one did you get? It''s really fun!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results