shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: What "C" is most important for a PRINCESS CUT DIAMOND?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Quincy

Rough_Rock
Besides carat, what would be the next significant "C"? I know it''s different and varies among people. What would contribute next to its brilliance? This is how I see it as, Cut (geometric shape..not quite sure what I should be looking for), Clarity, then Color. Would you agree on this?

icekid

Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cut AND clarity.
Princess cuts have rather delicate corners and inclusions there or too thin corners can be very bad news.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
cut clarity color carat

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a lot more than the classic 4 C''s.

I have a book on how to buy a diamond ring (Diamond Ring Buying Guide, Renee Newman) That list the following factors (5 C''s and 2 T''s).

Cut quality (proportions, polish: light return)
Color
Carat
Clarity
Cutting Style (shape)
Transparancy
Treatment

I would add a 6th C: Compromise (as in being comfortable with where you end up compromising on various factors to get a diamond you like and can afford).

Renee''s recomendations is to focus on Cut Quality first to maximize brilliance. I think she would fit into pricescope rather nicely.

Perry

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2005 8:42:15 AM
Author: strmrdr
Cut AND clarity.

Princess cuts have rather delicate corners and inclusions there or too thin corners can be very bad news.

Quoting myself is bad form but I wanted to clarify.
Im not saying only look at vvs or even vs princess cuts.
The type and location of the inclusions are more important than the rating when it comes to durability.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results