shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll 'till 10 AM: which stone for a Van Craeynest solitaire?

Which stone would you pick?

• Alexandrite

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Round brilliant sapphire

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Cabochon sapphire

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Round brilliant green tourmaline

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Elongated emerald-cut emerald

• Smaller oval ruby cab

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Round brilliant ruby

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Larger oval ruby cab

• Total voters

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Re: Poll 'till 10 AM: which stone for a Van Craeynest solita

Oh circe you have such fun stackers! My vote is either one of the rubies or the cab

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Great choice! And admirable patience!

Can't wait to see pics of the finished set :appl:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock

GoldfishPie|1370603353|3460788 said:
Okay, jewelers... Clearly there is an untapped market here. Can someone design a pop-in head ring? So we can just set each gorgeous stone in its own head, then swap them in and out as we please? Maybe a screw-in contraption? It would end heartbreaking and impossible decisions like this one!!

I'm kidding of course, but I simply couldn't vote because they are all breathtaking. I think I'm leaning more towards the tourmalines, but I've been on a green and gold kick recently, and it looks divine with the gold detailing. What beautiful rings!

I think maybe the Pandora charm bracelet people have done something like that.

katharath

Ideal_Rock

This was a really fun thread and I wanted to post my opinion in here too, but I couldn't decide which one I liked best so I stayed silent, lol!! I'm just popping in now to say great choice, and that setting is so lovely, I adore it! You have some beautiful gems in your collection.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi,

I wanted to chime in again to say that your emerald is beautiful. I did not think it fit the best for this ring, but its a beauty thats a setting. Top color-great

Annette

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

GoldfishPie|1370603353|3460788 said:
Okay, jewelers... Clearly there is an untapped market here. Can someone design a pop-in head ring? So we can just set each gorgeous stone in its own head, then swap them in and out as we please? Maybe a screw-in contraption? It would end heartbreaking and impossible decisions like this one!!

I'm kidding of course, but I simply couldn't vote because they are all breathtaking. I think I'm leaning more towards the tourmalines, but I've been on a green and gold kick recently, and it looks divine with the gold detailing. What beautiful rings!

THIS IS SUCH A GOOD IDEA I CANNOT EVEN.

Seriously, I'm going to go and try to make this. It HAS to be doable.

(Maybe not with my VC set, admittedly. :cheeky: )

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thank you, GemFever and Karanth! I am all of ... 4 days out? And already I am chomping at the bit and all WHY DID I NOT PAY THE EXPEDITED SURCHARGE.

Patience. Patience, and meditating on the photo, that's the ticket ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

FrekeChild|1370582138|3460740 said:
I voted for the larger oval ruby, even though I'm a blue/green girl, but my second would be the green tourm. I can't wait to see what you pick!

(BTW, I'm going to be in NYC in August for my nerdy husband's conference, do you suggest any blingy places to go? Want to GTG? I'll have my little one in tow I believe. And I'm trying to talk NKOTB into flying down from Toronto as well. I don't know any other NYC PSers though!)

I had this niggling feeling I was forgetting something ... it wasn't until I went to ogle your Bez Ambar setting that I remembered I'd never responded properly! I would LOVE to GTG when you're in NY ... and I think our kids are about the same age, too, so we should be able to keep them entertained along similar lines. We could go to Fred Leighton ... Stephen Russell ... Canturi ... Reinstein Ross ... and that's just a half-mile radius around Madison! Will ping you through a LT listing, maybe?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results