shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll showdown. Sholdt vs James Meyer!

Which of these options would you pic?

• The Sholdt Fremont with the completely open profile.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The Sholdt semi bezel

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure I''ve talked myself out of the James Meyer, but I have that small little nag that maybe I shouldn''t talk myself out of him. I saw where one poster said hers was a little high and she banged it and that got me looking at other bezels and that got me loving D&T''s old Keystone and Danielle band set and that got me looking at other semi bezels and that''s where I found and fell in love with Sholdt and that''s where I found the first prong set that ever made me say OMG.
25.gif

So...this all leaves me pretty darn sure I''m going Sholdt...but I''d like opinions. I''d like to hear thoughts about which YOU feel would look best with this sapphire and why. I have no way to try on any of these three options before buying, and yes the Sholdts are very different than the JM. Here is the color of sapphire. I cut it out from the rest of the pic as it''s having some "work" done to it and I plan to do a full thread on it when it makes its way here.

laurelsapphire9181.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Can you post pictures of the Sholdt setting?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, it let you post before i was ever done writing it! This is Cind11's ring. I hope she doesn't mind me using it.

The JM.

cindjmsapp9.JPG

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
The Sholdt semi bezel.

sholdtsemi918.jpg

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
The Sholdt Fremont with the open profile.

sholdtfree918.jpg

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Fremont open profile -- I think it would show off the color of your stone the best. I do love the JM, though
1.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, the color of that stone is great, and probably only going to get better!I have really similar taste to yours and love the Sholdt Fremont. Its also one of the few prong set solitaires I find appealing. How exciting!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote for the fremont - it really is beautiful and will showcase the colour of your sapphire the best. That sapphire is simply divine, btw!

E B

Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong with ANY of your choices, but I vote Sholdt Fremont.

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to add, I''ve always dreamed of a sapphire in the Sholdt Semi Bezel, but I think from your posts that you''re leaning away from it, which is one of the reasons I went with Fremont. It was the first "OMG" I remembered from you
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you in the states? If so... See if Bill can send you out a Fremont sample ring for you to see
4.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thats a hard hard choice. I love the semi bezel because its very clean lined. However if you want to maximize as much light to your stone as possible, you may want to go with something more open.

-A

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I love the semi bezel, then the JM, then the fremont.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the comments on the settings and the stone. I think the color is just beautiful.

D&T-I am in the states, in Florida. I called Sholdt and was told they don''t do samples. Does Bill have some he will send out though?

Novel-I am going back and forth right now with the two Sholdt settings. The problem I have is that I''m in love with the face on view of the semi bezel and the profile of the prong setting.

One option I forgot to add was a custom ring with the look of a semi bezel but the profile of the prong Sholdt. I''m not sure if this would be possible, but I have inquired about it. If it were possible, how would the stone stay in place?

I sound like I''m set on a Sholdt. I think I am. I''ve been so in love with JM since Coati made her debut of hers. I really wanted one but I''m afraid that it might be too high and I just don''t know. I have never liked modern rings. I wanted an ering that looked like it was made a century ago...until I saw the Sholdts that is.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve gone for option 2 because it has the semi bezel clean lines but also has the open gallery that I like in option 3. My only reservation is how much your stone might darken in a semi bezel. The open gallery will help but just wanted to mention it.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Stepcutgirl,

Before answering your question, why were you interested in the bezel or semi-bezel? Was it because you loved the look, or was it because you wanted to provide your stone added protection? I usually prefer the pronged look but for my e-ring decided to go with a bezel because of that very protection. So without knowing why you were interested in bezeling, it''s hard for me to answer.

If you like the open look of the Fremont, have you considered a Collette bezel (I think that''s what it''s called)? It''s where the sides are open so that you can see the profile of the stone, but that the girdle is protected by the bezel. Packrat''s thread has a picture of one
Copy%20of%20ajprofile.JPG

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2010 5:59:03 PM
Author: stepcutgirl
Thanks for the comments on the settings and the stone. I think the color is just beautiful.

D&T-I am in the states, in Florida. I called Sholdt and was told they don't do samples. Does Bill have some he will send out though?

Novel-I am going back and forth right now with the two Sholdt settings. The problem I have is that I'm in love with the face on view of the semi bezel and the profile of the prong setting.

One option I forgot to add was a custom ring with the look of a semi bezel but the profile of the prong Sholdt. I'm not sure if this would be possible, but I have inquired about it. If it were possible, how would the stone stay in place?

I sound like I'm set on a Sholdt. I think I am. I've been so in love with JM since Coati made her debut of hers. I really wanted one but I'm afraid that it might be too high and I just don't know. I have never liked modern rings. I wanted an ering that looked like it was made a century ago...until I saw the Sholdts that is.
Do give Bill a call at Pearlmans' I was going to do it with mine, but just went ahead anyways so he would be able to if he has a sample in stock, worth a try to see what he has. Just cost of shipping better to know the first time than to have to redo your settings a few times... been around that block more than I would have liked to
40.gif

ETA: I just put up some new pictures with a pink sapphire band with my Sholdt ring, maybe that'll give you some idea of wedding bands too?

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks D&T. When I get my stone i will give him a call to inquire. I looked at your thread and I love the sapphire band! You did so good!

Austen-I like the look of some bezels, not all and that attracted before I knew how much more protection they added. Now i like both the looks and the protection. Is the type of bezel you are referring to the one you posted? If so that is a James Meyer and is what I am considering.
26.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi stepcut. i love your stone - just love it.

the color is so strong and gorgeous, i think the JM detail detracts the eye from what the main focus should be. i think the fremont has the second most detail. so for those reasons, i''m going with the semi bezel; that color should have zero competition from the setting and i think the semi open bezel will give it plenty of light.

great stone stepcut - congratulations on your purchase!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the reply Whitby. I grinned ear to ear when I saw you responded. I am so happy you are back!
36.gif

The stone is great. I am so happy. I can''t for her to get all prettied up even more than she is now and have a big unveiling!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
A vote for the Sholdt semi-bezel.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted fremont because the glory of colored gems is the color, and with a setting like the fremont you would see all color all the time!
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Shodlt semi-bezel: still open with smooth clean modern lines.
1.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m with Chrono on this one. Sholt semi bezel all the way.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I have to admit that I am shocked by all the semi bezel votes. When I was talking about wanting a bezel before everyone told me it would make the stone too dark! I'm really happy to see you guys like the semi bezel for my stone. I feel conflicted because I love the look from the top of the semi bezel but I'm not SUPER crazy about the profile where as I don't like the Fremont from the top as much as the bezel but I LOVE the profile.

ETA-Although I just found this post and the profile looks much more open than the Pearlmans picture. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/sholdt-semi-bezel-with-wf-1-5-aca.127162/

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
This is Portland Kelly''s profile view of I think the same ring.

portkellsholdt918.JPG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I added another vote for a semi bezel. If you can''t decide between those two, why not ask yourself do you enjoy your rings more from the top or from the profile? That might help you out. And there''s always another stone, that''ll be best brought out in the setting you don''t choose this time
1.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 11:24:10 AM
Author: ma re
I added another vote for a semi bezel. If you can''t decide between those two, why not ask yourself do you enjoy your rings more from the top or from the profile? That might help you out. And there''s always another stone, that''ll be best brought out in the setting you don''t choose this time
1.gif

Can''t a girl have both?
27.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would vote for the semi bezel, if you''ve got it narrowed down to the 2 Sholdts. I dig both the top and side view on it, myself. You could do like Ma Re suggested and have 1 for Ering and 1 for RHR...or you could do one now and have another Ering later a la Freke. Tho, I think w/the semi bezel, the profile pics I''ve seen, have been really open and looked more like the profile of the Freemont..I don''t think the semi bezel picture from the website does it justice.

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I''m starting to agree that the stock pictures don''t do it justice. I''m pretty wishy washy on the Sholdts. One minute I really want the fremont and the next the semi.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results