shape
carat
color
clarity

Poll: Fire or Brilliance

Which is the most important factor on your next diamond purchase?

• Fire

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Brilliance

• Both, equally

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Some people like fire, while others like brilliance; some do like both with equal proportions. If you were to buy a stone in the future, which one will you consider the most important? And why?

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I picked both equally, but I think I lean towards brilliance

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Fire diamonds (especially after seeing one). The problem is that they are extreemly rare, because cutters shift the proportions to the brilliant side to maximize weight. It is really tough to find a "FIC" diamond.

Perry

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Having had a 'brilliant' stone which lacked fire, and now having one that does both quite nicely...I prefer both equally but lean more towards fire...it's more fun to look at sparkly rainbows than a white blob. Easier to take pictures of too. hehehe.. though of course if someone threw me a brilliant stone I would not turn it down.
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
give me FIRE !!!
never heard of anybody complaining "my diamond have too much fire"

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Just to make sure I have the terms correct, brilliance is the little white light reflections off the facets and fire is the big rainbow color reflections?

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2005 10:11:56 PM
Author: codex57
Just to make sure I have the terms correct, brilliance is the little white light reflections off the facets and fire is the big rainbow color reflections?
Come on baby light my fire!
9.gif
Love those sparklie rainbows! Like a disco ball or something.
36.gif

BAck to the original question, wondering the same thing as you codex. Never really knew. I just know what I like seeing. Sparkly light, and if it has colors, all the better.
9.gif

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
I think both equally.. but with a leaning towards the firey side.
29.gif

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The existence of a trade-off between brilliance and fire is an old concept, that sadly remains well-known. In reality, it is incorrect, and we should continue to explain this.

In a well-cut stone, you will have both at the same time. In bright light conditions (like office lighting), fire will be overblown by brilliance. Take that same stone into a different light environment however, and you will have a very fiery outcome.

Stones with a lower cut will show more fire in bright light conditions, because their fire is not blown away by brilliance. In a dim light environment however, that supposedly fiery stone will not be able to compete on fire with the well-cut stone.

Fire or brilliance depends thus more on the lighting environment than it does on the cut.

Live long,

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Both equally but I think for them to be truely equal would be impossible but as close as I can

mia1967

Rough_Rock
FIRE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results