shape
carat
color
clarity

plz help find shoes for this dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
This is the dress I got to wear to dinner/Cirque Du Soleil. I had wanted to go with something more cocktail-ish... but I ended up really liking this dress. I think the V-neck makes it a bit dressier. I tried on some fancier things that I liked and fit well; they just weren''t "it" for me.

express_redwrapdress.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
and I got the shoulder bag (which is very small so essentially like a clutch).

express_leopardpurses.jpg

sera

Ideal_Rock
Originally I had wanted to go with a black dress with green accessories because I loved these shoes by J. Renee, but they also come in black or gold (the metallic red is pretty too, but I love that metallic green). I like that the gold has the rhinestone color of the leopard print, but I think the black works better. I have not purchased these brand of shoes before- anyone know if they are well made? Comfy?

It would be nice to get gold (I found a gold and cream sweater when I bought the dress lol), but I''m thinking black would work better (I plan on getting some gold accessories).

I also don''t want something too fancy because I would like to wear them interpreting (while interpreting I typically wear solid black, so the color doesn''t matter too much because I could continue with the all black or add a splash of color).

They must be a low heel
39.gif
I unfortunately have very painful arthritis and chronic pain from knee injuries.

I also don''t want something too similar to a pair I''m going to get- black, lizard slingbacks.

TIA for any suggestions.

sera

Ideal_Rock
The first time these wouldn''t post, so here are the shoes I''m considering:

jrenee_black.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Is the trim on your bag black or brown?

ETA- there's a cute pair of nine west I saw called TOKEN. They're a low heel and I think they were croco (?) I wear nine west heels all the time. They're so comfortable!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2007 10:48:55 PM
Author: somethingshiny
Is the trim on your bag black or brown?

ETA- there''s a cute pair of nine west I saw called TOKEN. They''re a low heel and I think they were croco (?) I wear nine west heels all the time. They''re so comfortable!
The leather strap going through the chain is black. The purse background is beige with the spots being a darker brown ringed with black. I will search for Token- thanks for the suggestion.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Those are both cute. I also tried some very much like these today; they were not Weitzman and did not have crystals. They were leather in a color called Espresso which was a very dark, bronzed blackish brown, but you can get the idea.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Sera~ The ones you linked are really cute. And if they''re in the brownish/bronzish/blackish they will be great with the dress and just about any fall colors.

sera

Ideal_Rock
OK... here are the shoes. The color doesn''t come across great- there is a subtle bronze iridescence to the shoes. I know I could have gone fancier with the dress and gone for strappy shoes, but I just didn''t want to get something I would hardly ever wear.

bday_outfit.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Looks great!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! Now to find the accessories
32.gif

I have a multi-strand multi-tone multi-length chain... gold, bronze, silver and gold again. I really want the multi-chain, multi-length look.... but I can''t find anything else... found a great, short gold and rhinestone)... found silver and gold diamonds by the yard (fakies)
33.gif

I really don''t have much in coats/wraps to go with it... a red, a black and a baby blue pashmina, lots of black wraps and coats and a trench, a brushed velvet trench (hits about mid-thigh I think)
33.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I like the multi-strand necklace. All the metallic tones should look nice with all of your blackish/brownish/bronzish colors. There's a lot of neckline to fill, so the single strands may not look right. But, I would NEVER be opposed to diamonds!! (even fakes!) I think a trench always looks classy and sophisticated. But, if you do the pashmina, you could keep it with you and on if you wanted to.

You know, avon and lia sophia both have multi-strands.

ETA- HERE is a lia sophia link with several necklaces that would work.

okay, don't know why it won't link. http://corporate.liasophia.com/jewelry.html is the site.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results