shape
carat
color
clarity

please tell me what''s wrong with this diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gixxerlance

Rough_Rock
Item Code: 9337680
Price: $4,728.00
Report: EGL
Shape: Round
Cut: Ideal
Carat: 1.57
Color: K
Clarity: SI2
Depth: 61.6
Table: 56
Girdle: TK
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 7.44-7.53X4.60

i am trying to get the biggest size for the money but don''t want junk.

Thanks.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you possibly get more info on the stone? Crown and pavilion angles would help.

Gixxerlance

Rough_Rock
i don''t show them listed on the whiteflash website.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif
If WF are the vendor, they should be able to get you a copy of the EGL cert, the crown and pavillion percentages will be on it, not as accurate as angles but still a start. This diamond has a thick girdle which could hide some weight possibly and make the diamond look a little smaller than it should. This diamond could be a virtual stone which means WF may have to call it in for you if you are interested.

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Hi,
This may be the right stone for you.

We all need to make a personal decision on what combination of factors we desire and at what cost. There are numerous combinations of the four Cs (not to mention cert) that result in a $4,700 diamond. Everyone has their own perspective on what combination is right for them, you need to decide what is right for you.

There are many knowledgeable, kind, and honest people who can give you great advice for no benefit to themselves (what a community).

We''ll want to know that crown and pavillion angles to help you out more.

At firts glance:
The pros:
Size!, table, depth, polish and symmetry

The cons:
TK girdle, and with an EGL cert, these color and clarity figures may be pushing it.

Perhaps this is what you want, a LARGE relatively well cut stone with a big visual impact at reasonable price. I just paid $4,900 (same budget) for my stone last month, and my specs were a little different. You have size, and chicks love size, right guys?

Sincerely,
David

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
You ask "What''s wrong with this diamond?". The answer is that it''s tough to know what this diamond looks like without:
1) Seeing it in person (the best way to assess a diamond).
2) Sarin/OGI/Helium numbers.
3) A real life photo of the stone or an IdealScope or ASET image.

If you''re really interested in this particular diamond, my advice would be to ask the seller if they could provide some of this further information.

That said, if you''re just asking for opinions based soley on the diamond''s "paper", I personally wouldn''t consider this stone based on the following:
1) The EGL paper. Call me a grading report snob all you want, but I am who I am. To me, EGL paper typically means the stone''s color and clarity haven''t been graded as accurately as what I''d find in a GIA or AGS report (not to mention some other small, regional labs).
2) SI2 clarity. If you''re going for "eye clean", there are many SI2''s (and even I1''s) that will qualify. But the only way to know for sure is to see it with your own eyes (or find an expert whose opinion you can trust). With this stone you''re already increasing the odds against "eye cleanness" because of #1 above.
3) Thick girdle. Not a major factor, and certainly this by itself shouldn''t be a reason to "kick it to the curb", but why not try to find a thin, medium, or slightly thick girdle that can perhaps deliver a bit more "spread." After all, you appear to be going for the largest look for the money.
4) Measurements 7.44 - 7.53. To me, that measurement speaks volumes. Even on the few days a year when I''m not being my usual overly-picky self, I''d take a "pass" based on these numbers alone. If you are wanting anything close to a precisely crafted stone, I would suggest you seek a tighter variance in these diameter measurements.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you!

Bill Scherlag

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results