shape
carat
color
clarity

Please tell me what you think of this cushion ring

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I have had a light yellow OEC solitaire that I intended to wear as a RHR, but soon I found the solitaire to be too "engagement-ish" for the right hand so I got rid of it and purchased this modern cushion ring instead.

This is my 1st cushion cut diamond and I am not sure what to expect. The cut makes the ring look a lot "busier" than OEC or my emerald cut. The ring itself is the extreme opposite of solitaire - ornate and detailed.

Please share with me your opinions of this ring as RHR. The diamond is a tiny bit over 1 ct, off white with a tint (whiter than the oec).

Is it a nicely cut diamond? Is the ring appropriate for everyday RHR?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Here is the picture.

Zhucushion.jpg

CLEICS

Rough_Rock
I have no idea technically but oooohh its pretty! I would LOVE to own that as a RHR

JeraVae

Shiny_Rock
This ring is right up my ally, so I am going to tell you that I think it''s stunning and perfect. I would wear it in a heartbeat on my right hand or left.

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
i think the business might be due to the "crushed ice" appearance of the cushion, but i think it looks gorgeous in the setting, and an overall beautiful ring!!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ladies for your very sweet words!
Here is the close-in look of the diamond facets.
Is this what you called "crushed ice" cut?

zhu123.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it. I think the vintage mounting compliments the vintage stone.

zz are you really doubtful? I think it''s gorgeous.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! This is an amazing RHR!! I wouldn''t worry in the least.
30.gif
30.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Pretty for a RHR!
30.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d wear that as a RHR in a heartbeat, it''s gorgeous!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
You can always give it to me! ha ha...seriously, it''s gorgeous and I would wear it as a right hand ring any day!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 4:54:07 PM
Author: zhuzhu
Thank you ladies for your very sweet words!

Here is the close-in look of the diamond facets.

Is this what you called ''crushed ice'' cut?

oh it''s hard to tell! from far away that''s what i saw, but i may be wrong. maybe more focused images would help?

and i really really really didn''t make the comment to make you doubt your ring! i think your ring is absolutely gorgeous!!! you were just saying how it looked busier than your OEC so i thought maybe because of the faceting appearance of the cushion? i''m really sorry if it caused any doubt!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Really beautiful Zhu! Congrats!
36.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s a very pretty ring for a RHR

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!! I would definitely rock that as a rhr!!! I think your cushion is very pretty. I have a modern cushion too and it sparkles like crazy. There are many different ways to cut a cushion and I know mine has the crushed ice look, but I love it! I don''t think yours has that look. I hope you enjoy your ring!!!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Thanks again girls!
Diamonds are like "mini people" to me, each cut/individual stone speaks a little (or a lot) differently. :) Thank you sharing your feedback with me!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, zhu zhu, it''s not a pretty ring at all and that''s why you should give it to me and get rid of it as soon as possible
27.gif
, he,he,he
31.gif

Honestly, your ring is amazing and you should love, love, love it and wear it very proudly
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it makes a great RHR. It is going to be more sparkle than an Emerald cut. Just the cut doing that. So as long as you are OK with that you have a great RHR. Congrats!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results