shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Tell Me I was not ripped off..............

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

recentlyengaged

Rough_Rock
Ok, so we bought a beautiful Platinum 1.67 center stone diamond ring with 1.25 carats channel stones on side...on the inside of ring it engraved " EMJ P " can anyone tell me what EMJ is ??? and if the ring is platinum, isn''t the engraving PL or PLAT with a NUMBER in front of it???? we bought this ring from Sisters JEwelers in Boston. we have not gotten it appraised yet, we just got it a few weeks ago. AND its already scratching on the bottom of the ring where it was sized !!!! I am soo careful how I treat this ring...how can it be scratched ALREADY ???? I''m beside myself !!!!

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
Chances are, EMJ is the jewelry company that made the setting. I think it''s odd that it doesn''t say something like "Plat 950," but if you''re worried, go back to the store where you bought it and ask for documentation on the setting. They should be able to help you out!

As for scratching, it''s normal. Over time, platinum develops a patina, which is a network of tiny scratches. Some people like the look, some don''t -- but basically the only way to keep platinum shiny is to keep having it polished. I start getting scratches on my ring practically the moment I put it on.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sisters Jewelers is supposed to be a good company. We''ve heard of people using them for settings in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results