shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show your simple Cathedral Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

baroque

Shiny_Rock
I have decided to go for a remount into a simple Cathedral setting for my 1.5 carat RB, I''m thinking 3mm or 4mm.

Do you have a picture that you can post of yours? I''ve seen several different styles where the sides come up to a flat edge against the prongs and also a different tapered edge.

I will be getting 14 or 18K yellow gold with platinum prongs, (haven''t found one yet) but may have to have it custom made and would like to have a picture to show the jeweler. I don''t want the style that has the bar across the bottom of the stone(basket, those seem to be mostly platinum anyway) and I''m not sure about whether I want 4 or 6 prong yet.

I looked through eye-candy folder and these are mostly the basket type setting or fancier than I want (although really lovely!). I am hoping that there are folks out there with the more basic style that I''m looking for.

Thanks for your help.

cinnabar

Shiny_Rock
Have you looked at the rings on Blue Nile and Mondera''s websites? They both have a basic cathedral setting with nice clear pictures. My ring is 18K yellow gold with platinum prongs, from Mondera, it''s totally plain and not fancy or blingy.

I don''t understand what you mean about a bar under the stone. The only "bar" under my stone is the ring itself, or the prong head would not have anything to be fastened to.

My understanding is that you can buy rings with no centre stone from Blue Nile etc, but they will not set your own stone in them therefore you would need to find a jeweler to set a diamond bought from elsewhere. It should be easy to find a local jeweler to supply a simple cathedral setting though.

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Cinnabar, I believe that Baroque meant that they did not want this style of ring:

gi_SP641_f.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I might have some saved.....this one is from Wink''s website......

2il.jpg

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
9.gif
This is my .80 set in a 3mm platinum.
9.gif

ringbox123.jpg

baroque

Shiny_Rock
VERY PRETTY!

What I mean about the "bar" is like ine basket type, where the bar goes across the prongs too, not just prongs themselves, make sense? Diamonds4me is correct.

I did see a Scott Kay design I like, but it is currently not availble.
I''m hoping that maybe somebody would be able to find it?
I posted on a separate thread about it.

Here it is:

http://www.baileybanksandbiddle.com/catalog/ProductDetail.aspx?productID=16417099&queryby=c&categoryId=1896&pageNum=0&sortType=rank+ASC%2c+price+ASC&newFilter=&parentSearchId=0&dispOnly=0&gnFlag=0

Be sure to look at "other views" to see the side view, I really like it!

It looks like it''s made for smaller stones, but I don''t know if Scott Kay does custom for different size stones, or what, since the prongs integrate into the ring itself.

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Another of the front of my ring.
9.gif

12215330.JPG

Jalex

Rough_Rock
Try Fredmeyerjewelers.com - I think they carry exactly what you''re looking for. I have been wearing their setting with my diamond for over 10 years now and it''s still perfect. I looked everywhere for the ring you are describing and no one carried a setting like it that showed off the center stone better. It sits up high enough to give the diamond a lot of light and sparkle, but not too high where it gets caught on everything. It also has the platinum prongs which I have never had any problems with. It is so comfortable, I don''t even know I have the ring on.

It is only after all this time that I''m considering a change in my setting -it''s hard to give up though!

Good luck....

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
Just make sure your setting is solid. It can be murder to clean if the underside is carved out.
7.gif

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Karen,
Where is your setting from? It''s lovely! Do you know if they make it in yellow gold?

karenleah15

Shiny_Rock
It is from Ben Bridge and yes they would be more than happy to make it in yellow gold for you. Let me know if you would like contact info for them. I have a friend who works in their Seattle store and would be more than happy to help you with getting a yellow gold one.
I like the setting. It is just nice and plain yet I get tons of compliments on it!!!!! It is a great everyday piece that never catches on any clothing or anything like that. I just love it!!

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Jalex,

Do you have a picture of your Fred Meyer ring? I would love to see it.
I have actually seen some there that seem solid and nice (and some that don''t).

Thanks!

Jalex

Rough_Rock
I''ll try to get some pictures for you. I had my doubts about buying a setting (we bought the diamond elsewhere) from a mall jeweler, but I just couldn''t find what I was looking for anywhere else. The prongs are really nice...all the others I had seen that were similar had thicker prongs that didn''t do the center stone justice.

I could not find a good picture of my ring on their website - for some reason, all of their pictures are taken from the top down so it''s difficult to see what the setting looks like.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results