shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your Halo-setting diamond rings

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Bunfuns,

I like where you are going with the oval idea. I also have shorter fingers and thought about an oval, but ended up sticking with a round. There is a bow-tie effect in marquis shapes and oval shapes. This bow-tie creates like a darker shadow in the diamond. If you do a search of oval diamonds on James Allen's website, for example, you can see that in their pictures. I'm not at all knowledgeable to discuss ovals beyond this point. But, if you search for oval cut on this forum, you should be able to get some good info. Also, there is a resource section that discusses each type of cut/shape. That will help, too.

In terms of size, to me the 1.5 seemed great. But as many will suggest, if you can afford the bigger, go for it. I did think with the halo, the 1.5 seemed quite nice though. If you do something custom with Tacori, you probably already know that it will cost you more. I would suggest looking at going custom all together, e.g. one of the recommended PS designers, in that case. I've seen some absolutely gorgeous custom rings here.

Your wedding band is really pretty. It creates the look of 3 bands and makes it look like an every-other type of band effect when paired with the pave shank e-ring. I like the track you are on. And in terms of research, I think having time is important. That way you won't feel rushed, so I suggest looking now, after you've done some more research on the oval cut. :wavey:

Good luck!!!

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Also, in terms of size, someone mentioned on here once that having the center shape no larger than the bottom of the nail bed was a good rule of thumb. It seems the 1.5 with halo makes a perfect choice in that regard. Of course, this is just a guide. ;-)

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
SparklySoprano,

Thanks for the pointer and opinion. I know that I will have a long road with researching this. Regarding the size of center stone, I think maybe the reason why the Dantela looks a bit dainty with 1.5 ct is also because it has a very small delicate halo. Whereas with style 2550, maybe if I go with a 1.5 ct, it would still have a wow factor. :naughty: My next step is definitely do some more searches here on PS to see what other info is available for oval cut.

Thanks for the compliment on my wedding band. I really like the look. And, the most important reason why I chose it, the row of diamond spins!! :love: :love:

Bunfuns

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, dainty halo all the way!!! That might be it!!!

Edit: I think I replied too quickly. You liked the bolder halo. This is just a personal thing of course, but I prefer the daintier one. LeeAnn Rimes has a very gorgeous halo. Check it out on the celebrity rings page.

And a ring that spins, woah! :appl:

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
Since your thinking oval..here's mine

_27757.jpg

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, Wendylynne! Could you please provide specs? Thx!

Wendylynne

Shiny_Rock
It's a 3.03 g vs1 oval..the halo was made smaller to keep center stone the star of the show.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Thx! I love that it's still the star!

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
The 2ct oval looks amazing! :love: When you are ready for the stone purchase post on rockytalky and they will help you find a great oval :)

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
SparklySoprano, I was thinking maybe I should consider a 2ct with Dantela, so the center stone will be more of a star, just not sure if it will have the same effort as the Class Crescent. Or should have the Class Crescent with a 1.5? I think that's less preferable since the center stone won't "pop" as much, but it's save some $$. I do think the Class Crescent's pave band matches with my wedding band more though. So hard to decide...

Wendylynne, that's a gorgeous rock on you hand, it looks stunning. :love: :love:

Candygrl, thanks for your comment. I am definitely seriously considering to shoot for the 2 ct, size does matters!!

Bunfuns

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
Bunfuns, I feel your pain with matching the band. I spent over a year looking for my e-ring reset and it had to go with my wedding band. I wanted it to be complimentary, but not be too matchy in my case. Ironic that I ended up finding one that I never even tried on! (But a generous return policy) So, I say you need to decide which part of the ring is most important to you, the halo or the band. Then strategize from there. Make sure you do try on the oval again, too, to make sure you want that cut. (Since this was an on-the-spot new revelation.) And if you can get the larger diamond, I would say go for it. Less likely DSS will sink in. ;-)

bunfuns

Rough_Rock
SparklySoprano, I keep on look at my photos of Classic Crescent and Dantela. The more I look at them the more I'm second guessing. I am planning to pull the trigger in mid-May since Tacori will have a truck show in LI NYC. I thought I will have enough time, but guess I didn't. Plus I have to kind of find a diamond at around that time too. Oval is very hard to research, way harder than RB.

I think so far I still feel the dantela's band looks daintier than my wedding band. I think it's an optical illusion, since I think the pave is the same size, but since my wedding band's diamond ring is a little bit raised, it made it look a bit bigger and bolder. So the Dantela band sitting right next to it seems smaller in comparison. The Classic Crescent's band is thicker and rises up to the crown, which makes it look a little bolder than my wedding band, not by a lot, so optically it's more pleasing. And yes, maybe I should try to shoot for bigger just in case of DSS, which I know I will suffer from.

Thanks for the reminder to try on the oval again, it's definitely a new direction for me. But the jeweler I went to is all the way in LI, so it's not like I could go there every week until May. :wall: :wall: I will see if the jewelers near my office will have the same style.

I started doing my homework on oval loose diamonds. It's so hard. BN doesn't have good pictures. James Allen has great pictures, but when you look at it 18x magnification, everything looks ugly. (did I just say that??) :tongue: I think it's time for me to ask for help on Rocky Talk part of the forum.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results