shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me some ''rough'' stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
I'd love to see photos of jewelry featuring rough, partially-faceted, bruted diamonds etc. Also anything with diamond pearls or other non-traditional styles would be great to share too. So far I've found:

http://www.rolandmouretshowroom.co.uk/consumer/jewllery/jwlr1.html

6.jpg

Diamond pearls:

http://www.diamondarticles.com/archives/fancy-shaped-diamonds/diamond-pearl-cut.php

diamondpearl1.jpg

http://

Hi, Kayla..

I really enjoyed the link you provided...I''d never heard of "rough jewellry" before...I think it''s really neat.

Here''s a funky little ring I bought on Ebay long ago...I''m not entirely sure why
20.gif

From any distance at all it looks like a "gold nugget" ring. But with a loupe you can see this detail: it''s a miner-gnome examining a rough diamond with a magnifying glass. I never realized it had a genre of its own!
9.gif

widget

fhyg.JPG

....oh...and here''s another picture I saved long ago...it would qualify....

It''s potentially intense or vivid pink diamond rough (12cts!) sold by Sotheby''s. The platinum "frame" pendant is apparently removable...

misc 010.jpg

Try THIS if not done already.

widget,
your gnome is very cute and quirky! i looooove that pink diamond
18.gif
i think rough is awesome....it can be better than cut goods, imo.

aahh..found it! bump(i didn''t subscr to my own thread.. d''oh!)

thinking about the yellow Hillary ring

hillary_canary_ring.jpg

Date: 8/8/2005 9:31:45 AM
Author: widget
Hi, Kayla..

I really enjoyed the link you provided...I''d never heard of ''rough jewellry'' before...I think it''s really neat.

Here''s a funky little ring I bought on Ebay long ago...I''m not entirely sure why
20.gif

From any distance at all it looks like a ''gold nugget'' ring. But with a loupe you can see this detail: it''s a miner-gnome examining a rough diamond with a magnifying glass. I never realized it had a genre of its own!
9.gif

widget

LOL! He''s too cool!
41.gif

Date: 8/8/2005 1:21:52 PM
Author: valeria101

Try THIS if not done already.

a quite belated thanks, Ana! lots of neat stuff!

these look edible!
18.gif

r3a_02.jpg

oh, geez, i could go there with this stuff! especially those yellow/orange ''rough''s!

think gurhan and lots and lots of 22K gold.

btw, i like hillory''s ring: i like the sentiment of making something representative of the state they lived in and represented for so long AND i like that its unusual. i''d wear it with no problems.

movie zombie

Here''s one of my favorite jewelry designer''s use of what she calls "water diamonds."

Designer: Jeanine Payer
San Francisco

necklace9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP