shape
carat
color
clarity

please show me rings with each stone .14-.16

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 stone, 7 stone, half way around, eternity - whatever you have! I''ve done a couple of searches but can''t find a photo I saw fairly recently.

I''m trying to figure out what it looks like by itself and with a plain wedding band, how many stones cover the finger, and how many stones it takes to go all the way around. I''m about a size 7 but please show me yours no matter your finger size!

Lovemyboston

Rough_Rock
I just picked up my ring this weekend! It''s a 7 stone 1.05 total carat with .15 rounds in it. I will wear it with my 1.11 Princess solitaire, it is awesome! It looks huge. I also have a size 7 finger, and it covers the whole top of my finger. I was going to get half eternity but I didn''t like the way it made my fingers poke out. I will get pictures when I am home, I will have to sneak them because the fiance does not want me putting it on anymore until the wedding.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boston, thanks!! I''ll look forward to the photos. I don''t think eternity is for me but there are so many choices.

NEL, yep, the HW is it! It looks great on her fingers. Thanks for finding it for me.

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
My WB only has four stones (weird, I know!), each is .15 .
I attached a pic. Sorry I''m not a camera wiz!!

ring_hand_7.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, 4 stones! What size is your finger? How high do the stones in the wedding band sit up against your engagement ring?

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I have a 5 stone .20 each band and wear a size 8.5. It covers my finger from side to side. If you have smaller fingers I''d imagine .16 would cover your finger. Sorry no pics.

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
Addy, the ER and WB sit exactly flush. They follow the baguettes (if that makes any sense!)

We used four stones because the WB and ER are the same width and follow the same profile.

My finger is 3.5/4, so I do have fairly small hands. I don''t think anyone notices that its 4 stones unless they take a good hard look at it, but I''m not sure!!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2008 6:34:05 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I have a 5 stone .20 each band and wear a size 8.5. It covers my finger from side to side. If you have smaller fingers I''d imagine .16 would cover your finger. Sorry no pics.

Thanks! I actually have .15 carat stones that I''m tossing around ideas on what to do with. For some reason, .16 seems to be a popular size in rings on here from what I remember in the past. I figured by asking for a bit of a range that I could get a rough idea of what I might be looking for.

And, of course, if you ever get around to photos I''d love to see them!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/5/2008 6:36:30 PM
Author: studyer83
Addy, the ER and WB sit exactly flush. They follow the baguettes (if that makes any sense!)

We used four stones because the WB and ER are the same width and follow the same profile.

My finger is 3.5/4, so I do have fairly small hands. I don''t think anyone notices that its 4 stones unless they take a good hard look at it, but I''m not sure!!

What is it with the small hands for everyone
2.gif

The four stone is beautiful. It just never occurred to me that it was an option. I''m sure I''ll think of more questions as I start to think about what I may do!

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
I''m sure you''ll hear this over and over again, but if you know what you want and/or what you want is hard to find, the custom route is the way to go!!

We used Whiteflash. They were easy to work with and the price was reasonable.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve read that WF prefers to use their own stones. I wonder if this is true. I already have stones that I''d like to use. I don''t really want to contact WF or anyone else because I''m not entirely sure I want to do this. I have some stones, probably not enough for an eternity band, that I want to do something with I think. I''m just not sure what yet. My e-ring is shaped like yours but on a much smaller scale so they couldn''t be worn together and I already have several wedding band because I kinda collect them. I figure seeing rings on other will either make me go, yay, this is a good idea or very pretty but not for me...right?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 7:04:00 PM
Author: Addy
I''ve read that WF prefers to use their own stones. I wonder if this is true. I already have stones that I''d like to use. I don''t really want to contact WF or anyone else because I''m not entirely sure I want to do this. I have some stones, probably not enough for an eternity band, that I want to do something with I think. I''m just not sure what yet. My e-ring is shaped like yours but on a much smaller scale so they couldn''t be worn together and I already have several wedding band because I kinda collect them. I figure seeing rings on other will either make me go, yay, this is a good idea or very pretty but not for me...right?

I haven''t read that about WF, but I''m sure they would use your stones for a recycle project! I can''t wait to see what you end up doing!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any others? Lacey, are you still around? I''d love to see your photos if you had a chance to take some.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2008 6:34:05 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I have a 5 stone .20 each band and wear a size 8.5. It covers my finger from side to side. If you have smaller fingers I'd imagine .16 would cover your finger. Sorry no pics.
I found a couple of pics from when I bought it. I'm guessing the wearer is about a size 6?

stoneplat5.jpg

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Here is a side profile of the ring

stoneplatside.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Purrfectpear- That''s really interesting to me. I''m a size 7 and .20''s wouldn''t cover the top of my finger. I guess it has to do with finger shape too.. really weird though.
Just goes to show you can''t always tell just by finger size.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Addy, this is how I approximated what size stones I needed to make up my seven stone shared prong band. Lay you hand down on your desk in front of you. Take a piece of something flexible like ribbon and lay it over your ring finger from where your ring finger meets your pinky to where your ring finger meets your middle finger. Mark it, cut it and measure it with the mm side of a regular ruler. Now you have your mm measurement from one edge to the other edge of where your fingers come together. Subtract a 1/2 mm for the space between each stone (from a seven stone, approx. 3mm) and divide that remaining measurement by seven and that''s the size stones you''ll need (in mm.) to make a seven stone band and have it cover the top of you whole finger.

This was the result for me. My ring is a size 6 and I needed seven 3mm stones (10 pointers) to cover my finger from edge to edge. I didn''t want to feel the pinch of either prongs or diamonds.

I also transferred a copy of the custom five stone WF made for me a couple of months later.

Mem%20Card%20L2%20146.jpg

Mem%20Card%20L2%20179.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks!!

Gemgirl, those are great photo, thank you. The ribbon is a great idea. I tried doing it with paper the other day but that didn''t turn out so well. Looking at my calculations (and drawing
1.gif
) I think I was adding a bit too much for the prongs between the stones.

Pearperfect, that''s a pretty ring, great side view!

Elle, it''s hard isn''t it? Finger sizes mean squat sometimes. I know that a 5 stone where each stone is a 4mm square covers the top of my hand because I have one of those. I don''t like the clunky look on my finger though. I''m trying for the careful balance of covering at least the front of my finger while not looking too wide or square. In my mind, it''s a very careful balance.
3.gif

Lovemyboston

Rough_Rock
I can''t get a picture until after the wedding! My Finace hid my ring and refuses to let me put it on again till we are married (in two weeks- May 24th) Im not sure how long you can wait!
5.gif

I assure you though- I am a size 7 finger, the ring is a seven stone round 1.05 carats- so .15 each . It covers my whole top of my finger.

When I actually get married I will post pics.....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results