shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me ... mother''s rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i''d like to get my mom a mother''s ring for mother''s day. since my wedding is close to mother''s day i thought it would be nice for her to have it to wear to the wedding.

i''ve done some research online and frankly haven''t been too impressed by what i saw. most looked tacky and gaudy. i was wondering if anyone has any nice ones or know of any nice ones that they wouldn''t mind getting. i know that is is a challenge having so many color stones look nice all together.

my mom would like a thin band - 2-3mm - there would be 6 stones (5 of us kids and then one grandkid)

thanks for your help!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
forgot to mention that i will be going custom route so looking for ideas. thanks!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Have you thought about a vintage style band with single cuts?
31.gif
Or maybe OECs if you want bigger stones? Does she prefer contemporary or vintage styles?

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s mine, custom made by a local jeweler to copy my own mom''s mothers ring. 14K white gold, it''s actually two 2mm plain bands with the stones set in between them. Each stone is about .25ct. This represents me, DH and our 3 kids (we now have 4, so I need to have a stone added). DH is peridot, I am diamond, our stones are on the outsides and our children (2 aquamarine, 1 alexandrite) are sandwiched between. The stones can be removed and more added in the middle. I wear this as a RHR everyday.

girlrocksmomsring1.jpg

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock

girlrocksmomsringside.jpg

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock

girlrocksmomsringtwo.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have this same ring...well, with my kids birthstones! I will post a picture later, I have 2 different style mothers rings.

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
I have 3 girls and I have on my wish list eternity stackables one each for each child.

Are you planning on having the 1 grandchild''s birthstone on it as well? Will there be more grandchildren later?

How would it look to have an eternity band (3/4''s to allow for sizing)have the birthstones going all the way around changing color to the next birthstone as it goes around the ring. Would have to have the same amount of stones for each birthstone of coarse. Did that make sense? I think that might be pretty. I know I have seen that somewhere before Just can''t remember where.

Than she could have a grandchildren one later for a stack of two maybe?

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
surfgirl - how did i know you would suggest something vintage! i think she would be open to that possibility however need to be able to have all of the 6 different birthstones in the setting

girlrocks - thanks for posting your ring! it's such a lovely gift! i think mom is looking for something though that is not a band but i will show her this one too and get her input. thank you!

Diamond*Dana - thanks i would love to see more mother's rings! looking forward to your post!

lauralu - i personally would like that idea but i don't think mom is interested in it. i appreciate you posting your ideas though! it really helps (plus it allows me to get ideas if i ever "need"
41.gif
to get one myself)

i found this ring that i think is more what she is looking for and i reminds me of niwaka. she is size 9 -do you think this style would look ok on size 9 finger?

http://www.limogesjewelry.com/custom.asp?productid=5775

ETA : re: grandchildren - the only reason her currently only grandchild would be included is because she is basically raising him so he is really like her own child. don't get me started on that topic
38.gif

L577517024L.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
ETA : not sure if i made it clear in my posts, i will be creating a custom ring so will not be purchasing the ring from the place i posted. will be adding actual birthstones and not crystals and will get WG or YG and not sterling silver. just using the different pictures online for ideas. thanks!

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Even though I had mine made locally, they sell it on this website with hundreds of others.

www.momsjewelrybox.com

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I didn''t know that was what a "Mother''s Ring" is! Duh. Well, what about instead of different birthstones, you got old cuts of different color grades?
31.gif

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
thanks girlrocks and canuk for the links! i''ll check them out

surfgirl - you are very naughty :razz:

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
This is cute.......

L10534575.jpg

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
OOPs sorry that got so BIG
20.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2008 9:15:26 PM
Author: Girlrocks
Even though I had mine made locally, they sell it on this website with hundreds of others.

www.momsjewelrybox.com
This is where I ordered mine from and I could not have been happier with their customer service and speed of delivery. I have not forgotten about the pics, I have my camera charging so I can hopefully take some tomorrow.

ETA: The other mothers ring I have (which was actually my first one) was made by Artcarved. They have several styles to chose from:
www.celebrationsoflife.com

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the first one...the stones are Blue Zircon, Emerald and Pink Tourmaline. This one is WG that has not been rhodium plated

mamarin1.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please excuse the dry hands

mamarinpro1.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my other one. This one was made by Artcarved and it is a very substantial ring, very comfortable to wear, as is the other one. This one is YG

mamarin2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, I just noticed the yellow paint on my nails...I suppose this is expected with preschool age children

mamarinpro2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a side by side shot

mamatutti.jpg

makandaddie

Rough_Rock
My husband just gave me a beautiful Mothers Ring for Christmas...I''ll try and post pictures tonight. It''s an eternity band with altering 2 emeralds then 2 Alexandrites. I love it because it doesn''t look like a traditional Mother''s ring.

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for posting your pics Diamond*Dana
35.gif
. they are wonderful gifts from your family. and lucky you to have two!

makandaddie - definitely post pics! i''d love to see what you have. and WELCOME to PS
35.gif
!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Since you're going custom, how about a starlight band with the kids' birthstones instead of diamonds?

Maybe one of our resident photoshop gurus could take a crack at this?

ETA: Ringster, I LOVE your e-ring.
30.gif

4mm-Starlight-Platinum.thumbnail.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2008 2:24:26 PM
Author: BrightSpot
Since you''re going custom, how about a starlight band with the kids'' birthstones instead of diamonds?

Maybe one of our resident photoshop gurus could take a crack at this?

ETA: Ringster, I LOVE your e-ring.
30.gif

Oh, this is a great idea! You can get one from www.EtiennePerret.com with different colored diamonds to go with the birthstone colors! You can also have him custom make something.

Also, my mother has a "mother''s ring" my dad got her that is just a five-stone diamond ring. One diamond for each kid instead of birthstones! You could just get her a ring with a diamond for each child/grandchild.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to add that if you go to StarlightBands.com, (Etienne Perret''s website for his starlight bands) you can get a customized quote for the exact band you want. (Width, size of diamonds, etc.)

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
thanks brightspot and <>bthing2o2[/b] - i''ll show these to her and see what she thinks!! great ideas!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness - i don''t know how i missed your post lauralu - i must be blind!!! lol! thanks too for your idea - another great one to show mom!

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
I saw this ring a while ago, and loved the concept for a mother''s ring style! The actual ring is from wal-mart''s website, but you can use the style for inspiration!!
Also, when we got my mom''s ring, we looked for tons online, but didn''t find anything. When we went to the jewelry store in person, they had several catalogues of styles that we ended up picking hers from.

wm_three_stone.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results