shape
carat
color
clarity

Please share your delicate solitaires!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ciger

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

Can you please share pictures of your 6-prong solitaires that have very thin shanks (2mm), are relatively low-set and have thin prongs?

Thanks!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know if Id c all mine "delicate" with thin prongs but my band is just under 2mm...

justsetting3close.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
and just my ering on

amejustering.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ame is that the stuller solstice 6 prong head?

ciger

Rough_Rock
That''s beautiful! What is the size of the center stone? Also, was it custom-made? I haven''t been able to find a lot of 2mm bands online or in stores that aren''t pave. I love the pave, but I don''t want to ask him for anything more than a simple setting.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes it is Mara.

Ciger:
My center stone is a .86ct. I wanted plain as well, and I got it. Sometimes we wish we'd gone with something else but right now it's great. I hope that we someday have money for adding sidestones or upgrading and adding side stones ;-) It was "custom" meaning I picked the head and the band and had them sink the head into the band. :) I chose the 3mm stuller heavy platinum comfort fit and the 6-prong stuller platinum solstice peg head, and then had the band filed down to about 1.75-2mm wide. Now that I own the 2mm platinum comfort fit (not the heavy comfort fit) band that I stack with the e-ring and my "real" wedding ring, Im thinking I wish Id have gone with the 2mm comfort fit for the shank in the first place. But what I thought was going to be my w-ring, a promise band made from the very same 3mm band, I wanted the thickness the same....

Either way, it didn't cost us more than the pieces did themselves, the jeweler assembled it "free".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results