shape
carat
color
clarity

Please review this F / VS1 AGS000 diamond!! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Please tell me if this Round Brilliant, triple ideal (unbranded) loose diamond is worth 10,350, or if should be more or less. i am wondering just how much of a bargain i am getting, and i believe one grand will be cut out (so 9350):

AGS 000
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Carat Weight: 1.252
Measurements: 6.97 x 7.01 x 4.21 mm
Table: 57%
Pavillion angle: 40.5
Pavillion %: 42.6 %
Crown%: 14.9%
Crown angle: 34.5 degrees
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Girdle: 0.7 - 1.7%
Floures.: negligible

Is this indeed a great deal??? I have seen the stone in person, and have a copy of the sarin report and the AGS certificate. Thanks!!!

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
If you really like the stone, and can''t find an equivalent for less, than make sure of the store''s return policy and find an appraiser who can offer you proper advice and who is completely independent.

You''re buying a $10K stone.... a professional won''t charge you that much. Opinions based on numbers aren''t good enough.

Rockdoc

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
1) Just a regular guy
2) Looking at the numbers, seems exceptional; the missing depth information seems pretty irrelevant, based on my run of the HCA, and singular use of that tool to judge.
3) Based on cost comparison of comparables, the price seems fair at the high end, a good deal if purchased on the low end
4) Where did/would you get it (I''m in DC, too).
5) The advice to have it further checked out seems relatively prudent. If I were shopping locally again, I''d at least consider doing what Kevinraja is considering doing...driving to Philly to see if Dave Atlas could meet with me for a review. Two other appraiser options...mail to one of the regulars on this board, or meet with one of the local appraisers, who won''t have sarin to test the cut, but with the AGS document, you may not feel you''ll need that. However, if the store or person you''re sourcing the diamond is trustworthy, as Garry Holloway has suggested here, and with the AGS cert, if you''re already otherwise set with an appraisal document for insurance purposes, maybe this is not so critical.

Congratulations on what at least seems a promising find, and best wishes.

The depth is 60.3% (i rememebr thinking it was 60.1, but this AGS cert says 60.3% so ill go with that). Sorry I left that out. My best friend''s father is a certified gemologist of many years. I would like to use him for the purchase, and not have to deal with kay''s, jared''s, mervis, bailey banks and biddle and the type. (I was advised to stay out of malls...lol)

Thanks for your help guys. Anyone else who has an opinion on this i would LOVE to hear. I held the stone today (with those super-tweezers), saw it in ll kinds of light compared to some G''s and H''s of the same or nearly the same cut, and really liked it best. Unfortunately, I am a color snot, so I want to stay E or F color.

Oh, my poor (literally) poor fiance-to-be.....I LOVE IT, but I love him more....so I still find myself in a quandry -- get this exceptional stone, or go for a smaller around 1 carat super-ideal? Any advice? I know it;s a preference, but there is a 10k budget.

Elizabeth

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a great performer. And you''ve seen it and it spoke to you. Even at $10,300 you''ve been offered a fair price. A PS Vendor has a very similar diamond currently listed for $10,025. On that size and price range diamond, $275 is a very tolerable price difference to build a relationship with a local jeweler.

As for the budget,.......... If you don''t have a super expensive, custom setting in mind that you have to have RIGHT now, might I suggest,.......... You can mount that puppy in a temporary gold setting (about $100) and wait for the final setting for a while. That''s a very nice diamond and it''s well priced. Diamond prices are going nowhere but UP.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results