shape
carat
color
clarity

Please- I need vacation help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

MH and I want to take a vacation in early April....I spent all day researching, and just when I thought I had decided on a place (Punta Cana), I heard on the news that they had an earthquake there today!!!! So, now Im not too keen on going to Dominican Republic anymore!!!
7.gif
I know April is far away, but still!!!

We want someplace warm, probably all inclusive, there doesn''t have to be a ton to do- as we are wanting to get away and relax!!! Please give me suggestions- if you''ve stayed someplace wonderful I would love to hear about it!!

Thank you in advance!
1.gif

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
I will always advocate for a cruise, have you considered one?

When we were on a catamaran excursion in St. Lucia a few weeks ago we sailed past a lot of the beaches that belong to all inclusives and they looked beautiful! It''s now on my list of places that I would go back and spend more time in given the chance.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
www.curtainbluff.com In Antigua, it''s all inclusive and love it. We have gone for many many years.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Just as an FYI, earthquakes in DR are *not* the norm. DR felt it because it hit Haiti (
7.gif
) but it had no impact and it was felt in Santa Domingo (the city, not close to Punta Cana).

If not, you can try PR! or Key West!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the ideas so far- Lisa, that resort looks AMAZING!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
If you are willing to stray from the Caribbean, I would recomend this place in the Mayan Riviera in Mexico:

http://www.excellence-resorts.com/all-inclusive-resorts/riviera-cancun-mexico/cancun-overview.htm

Although, the same resort brand also has a resort in Dominican, if you have your heart set on it:

http://www.excellence-resorts.com/all-inclusive-resorts/caribbean/punta-cana-dominican-republic/punta-cana-overview.htm

Either way, I don''t think you could go wrong. This is the best/highest quality all-inclusive I have ever been to. I''ve done Sandals, Beaches, and ClubMed and this brand goes above and beyond, particularly with the 24 room service and constant service whether on the beach, at the pool or in the restaurants.

They also have some great deals going on right now, so check it out =0)

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Caribbean CRUISE!
I''ve done the all inclusive thing before but way prefer the cruise so i always suggest them.
-Wake up to a new beach each day
-food is way better than most All-Inc
-no shortage of things to do either on or off the ship
-affordable luxury

(i always check the last minute deals at this site, they had good customer service when i booked with them)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Fiery...

My SSIL lives in Santa Domingo and didn''t even feel it.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your responses.....DC gator, you will be happy to know we booked 6 days at the Excellence in Riviera Maya!!! YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2010 6:45:51 AM
Author: Dani
Thanks everyone for your responses.....DC gator, you will be happy to know we booked 6 days at the Excellence in Riviera Maya!!! YAY!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
Yeah! OMG, so fun. From the bathtub on your balcony, to the breakfast in bed, to the tequilla tasting class, to the awesome lazy river, you are going to LOVE it. Oh, you should buy a cheapie blow up float or tube or something (like the ones neatly folded in a plastic package at Target) so you can float down the river. Then you can just leave it to the next couple who didnt bring one (like us
1.gif
).

Oh, and I don''t know if they include it with your room, but we got a free aqua therapy session at the spa. It was really cool and different, so do try it. Also, I would highly recommend the couples massage on the beach. Very nice
9.gif

Have a blast and enjoy the relaxing trip!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results