shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys... my boyfriend is giving me a budget of $10,000 to work with and I needed help in selecting a diamond..

Can anyone please tell me which diamond will look better aside from the color? Also, diamond #1 had an HCA score of 0.7 --- and diamond #2 had an HCA score of 1.5 ---- I don''t quite understand it, is it better to have a higher score? or lower score?

thanks in advance... any comment is greatly appreciated! :)

Diamond #1
$9358
. Shape: Round Ideal Cut
. Carat: 1.54 F Si2
. Depth %: 60.6
. Table %: 56
. Crown Angle: 33
. Crown %: 14.5
. Star : 50
. Pavilion Angle: 40.6
. Pavilion %: 43
. Lower Girdle %: 75
. Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick Faceted
. Measurements: 7.45-7.47X4.52
. Polish: Excellent
. Symmetry: Excellent
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Diamond #2
$10,599
. Shape: round H&A
. Carat: 1.537 I Si1
. Depth %: 61.8
. Table %: 56.5
. Crown Angle: 34.8
. Crown %: 15.1
. Star : 52.3
. Pavilion Angle: 40.8
. Pavilion %: 43.1
. Lower Girdle %: 75.5
. Girdle: Thin to Medium Faceted
. Measurements: 7.38-7.41X4.56
. Light Performance: 0
. Polish: Ideal
. Symmetry: Ideal
. Culet: Pointed
. Fluorescence: Negligible

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi sevens,

Nice budget!

The second one looks lovely, I don't see a thing wrong with it. It looks like it was graded by AGS (was it?). That would be my pick, very nice.

As for the first, it's a bit on the shallow side. That's not a horrible thing, but "head shadow" can sometimes be a problem with them. And they may not have quite the punch of a well cut stone.

On the HCA, anything under two can be a possible go ahead to get more information on a stone. Besides the number score, you want the x to ideally fall inside AGS territory, or close to it. A score under 1 usually indicates shallower numbers, as in your first.

But as I said, it looks like the second stone is an AGS0, and should be a stunner!

Sevenwires

Rough_Rock
Hi Ellen!! thanks so much for the reply......

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My pick will be the I SI1 stone as well (for the same reasons as Ellen''s), even though the F SI2 stone looks like no slouch either. The I is still very white and do check that the inclusions are not visible to your naked eye from the table view.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, 'nother vote for the second one Sevens!

Also regarding the HCA scores, once you get under 2, the lowest score doesn't mean that diamond is better than another necessarily - once you score below 2, you need to evaluate each diamond by other means such as Idealscope, other cut technologies and your own eyes finally.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results