shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mrklaig1

Rough_Rock
I amlooking at two diamonds on the internet. Can anyone give me their opinion if one is a better value then the other or if both are not of good value.

Both are round diamonds and cost about $80,000. I have been married 34 years and want to buy one perfect diamond for my wife. I realize this is a big purchase and I am a novice but here goes.

Round AGS certificate.
Cut Select Ideal
caret 2.52
color D
Clarity IF
Measurement 8.82-8.78-5.41
Depth 61.4%
Table 59%
Girdle THN-MED
Cutlet None (pointed)
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Flourescence None (inert)

Second Diamond

Round GIA GCAL certificate.
Cut Ideal
caret 2.03
color D
Clarity FL
Measurement 8.23-8.27-4.97
Depth 60.2%
Table 57%
Girdle THN-MED faceted
Cutlet very small
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Excellent
Flourescence None

Any help/feedback would be appreciated.

Regards,
Gary

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

Do you have the crown and pavillion angles on these stones?

Also, is there a reason that you are going for D IF? For the same amount of $ you can get, say, an F VS2 of a larger size. (You could also potentially go lower in both color and clarity and still have a very beautiful diamond). Or, you could get a diamond of the same size, again using the F VS2 example, for less $. Just throwing some ideas out there...

If you tell us what''s important to you in terms of color and clarity and I bet you''ll get a lot of suggestions on great stones, however I do understand that some people want D IF stones, so no disrespect meant if that''s the route you have consciously chosen to go.

BTW, if you post this in Rocky Talky you get much more feedback than in this forum. Perhaps the moderator can move it for you if you send her an e-mail.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Gary,
Ask admin to move this to Rocky Talk, where you will get more responses. We will need to know crown angle, pavillion angle, and see any other info on these stones, especially the cut grade. Seeing Idealscope and ASET images will also be helpful. It's great that you want to buy your wife the perfect diamond, but you don't need to spend $80k to do so, unless you want a D IF stone. For that price you could go quite a bit larger for a stunning, superideal cut diamond. Tell us more and we will be happy to help you.

ETA: Evidently, I was typing away at the same time as Dee*Jay
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results