shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help with what to wear to a wedding tomorrow

Which color shoes?

• Silver. Silver is pretty and festive and matches your bag.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 2. Pewter is elgant and refined and matches your wrap.

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
So... A lovely friend of mine from college is getting hitched in a cutsey New England garden tomorrow afternoon. I *think* I have a dress that's Ok, but I'd struggling with acessories! The dress is dark green and simple, so I really only need jewelry and shoes, but which shoes? My options are metallic silver, a pewter satin d'orsay or black pumps.

I had thought sliver, but now that seems a bit bright.
But the pewter seems kind of dower for an afternoon wedding!
But I have a shawl that matches the pewter shoes.
But I have a greal silver bad that matches the silver shoes...

My earrings are silver with grey pearls, so they'll work with either.
and I also have white pearls.

What to do? Help!

ETA- black is also an option by the poll maker ate it!

78055_GR7441.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that dress is beautiful!!! How about black shoes?

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Before voting...what are you calling the color of metal on the part of mannequin that has been decapitated? Is that silver or pewter? And is one of your accessory colors close to that?

I think I would say no to black...for sure.

DKS

Oopps.
9.gif
Sorry Skippy if you say black is good, well then it is good!
41.gif
I would never want to step on Skippy girl!

One more edit...I am concerned that we have to chose either the wrap with no purse...or the purse with no wrap...is that pretty much the options? Our closets are too limited aren't they? Are all the shoes involved thin strappys?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would it be too much trouble to see the shoes?
4.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 2:02:34 PM
Author: Ellen
Would it be too much trouble to see the shoes?
4.gif
Yes, I was just thinking that...

I am in favor of strappy, light... The dress is lovely!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress! Have fun at the wedding
1.gif

ETA: That dress is a focal point, I'd definetly do DARK shoes!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s a gorgeous dress. How dark is pewter? I like the thought of a matching shawl and shoes.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hi, I have a pic of the shoes but I''m having technical difficulties... hopefully soon...

As for the acessories, if I don''t wear the wrap, I have a cardigan that will work. If I don''t carry the (lovely silver mesh late 50''s) clutch, DH will just have to suffer through having full pockets!

My concern about black is that it''s a 2pm outdoor affair, and it seems a bit dark.

thanks for all the input so far!

*whisks away to find image of shoes*

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
the image is a little dark, but let''s try this. pewter on the left, silver on the right.

-2.jpeg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
This one is a little more accurate

-22.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m thinking the silver will brighten up the dress. But if you are concerned about it being too bright, the pewter goes well with it too (it''s more subdued).

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I see the green as a cool green...leaning more toward blue than yellow. So to me...the pewter looks to be more bronze like...or warm...or maybe browner? So I stay with the silver vote and then after seeing the shoe for July...I like that it is more strappy than the pewter one. SILVER SILVER SILVER!! Be conservative on the other silver additions.

I really love those shoes! What ever you chose you will look smashing!

DKS

Have you heard your forecast for tomorrow? What temp in July will require the thought of a Cardigan? We are pegging a 100 "per" today
29.gif
. Heat index way over 110 I am sure
29.gif
. Yeah...your cardigan was a little on my mind!!
29.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
silver for sure, that will be lovely!

suzi

Shiny_Rock
I would stay away from the black pumps. They don''t sound summery enough, or festive enough for a wedding. Silver seems to shiney and bright for an afternoon event. So I''d go with the pewter. I hope you have a nice, warm, sunny day for the wedding!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for silver, it seems bright enough for a summer afternoon wedding...pewter I think of as more of a fall/winter hue. The dress you posted is really pretty, you''re going to look great no matter what you accessorize with!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
I voted pewter before scrolling down. I was picturing something lighter... so I''m changing my vote to Silver! What pretty shoes!

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Those silver sandals are perfect for a summer wedding!!! And, they will work great with your dress!
36.gif

Have fun tomorrow mercoledi!!

suzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/20/2007 6:46:52 PM
Author: monarch64
I voted for silver, it seems bright enough for a summer afternoon wedding...pewter I think of as more of a fall/winter hue. The dress you posted is really pretty, you''re going to look great no matter what you accessorize with!!

I thought the same thing until I went back and re-read the original post. The silver shoes are metallic silver (which I''m assuming means they are leather) and the pewter shoes are silk. I think that''s what changed my mind over to the pewter shoes over the silver ones. When I think of metallic, I think of evening wear. Strappy shoes in a pewter colored silk sounded really summery and appropriate for an afternoon garden wedding. And being outdoors, there may be a chance of a breeze, and she would be happy to use her matching pewter shawl. But I agree, either shoe would most likely look lovely with that dress.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Changed my mind to the Silver ones; pretty!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m all for silver, it would match your silver accessories well, too!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for all of your helpful comments!

I did end up going with the silver shoes and bag and just earrings. I love that bag and never get to carry it, so that ended up being the tie breaker! The vocalist for the (16 piece) band just loved my dress and said the nicest things; I was so flattered!

The wedding was beautiful, though the outdoor portion was HOT and the indoor portion was over AC'ed. DH and I didn't manage to get pictures of ourselves, but I know several others did, so I'll share the results of all your hard work when I get them. Now the bride and groom are off to Costa Rica, and I'm off to the beach!

Thanks so much!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Enjoy the beach. Glad you looked great and had a lovely time.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results